+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No imagine if she said no or if they got divorced or never married haha!! You would hate your birthday forever then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Most women would want to feel romanced, important, beautiful and 'thought of' during a proposal. If your friend 'piggy backs' on her birthday he won't have romanced her, made her proposal the most important thing or made her feel he put in a lot of effort. He essentially has turned up to a party which someone else catered, planned and organised and saw it as an opportunity to propose. The only way this would be ok with me is if had organised the surprise bday party and it was amazing and then he pulled out a beautiful ring. The more events we have to celebrate in life, the more we have to look forward to.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

delirium  (17-05-2015),jezikas  (17-05-2015),KitiK  (17-05-2015),MummaCat  (17-05-2015),waterlily  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birthdays proposals are predictable, but in saying that, I wouldn't have minded ig

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think needs to be its own event just the two of them.
    Eta - exactly what BbBbBh said
    Last edited by MummaCat; 17-05-2015 at 07:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I disagree with what a lot of others have written so far. My DH proposed to me on my Birthday & it was the most special & romantic day ever !!! I think it made it more special being on my Birthday. He also did get me other presents too which I told him afterwards weren't needed! The fact he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him was the best present I ever could have gotten! I told him that he will never ever top that Birthday surprise & it is something I will remember forever

I also forgot to add that DH woke me up early, went somewhere that was special to us for sunrise & proposed just the two of us. We celebrated with family later in the day. I loved that he proposed with just us & no one else around but we got to celebrate with others later in the day.
    Last edited by Rocky27; 17-05-2015 at 08:00.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved that my DH didn't propose on an expected day. It made the proposal so special and the fact I had NO idea it was coming really added to the excitement. We had been together a few years and had spoken about it so I was at the point where I was kind of waiting for it - so every major event like anniversaries or birthdays I would wonder etc.
    Instead I was surprised on a random Friday night after a lovely relaxing dinner at home while we were cuddled up on the couch - his thinking was that if he took me out for a super fancy dinner etc I would totally know what was happening. Haha honestly it was lovely.

Also I really appreciated that he didn't do it in front of other people - not that there was any chance of me saying no - but I totally cried and I would have been so embarrassed if that happened in a public setting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

jezikas  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was proposed to on my 21st birthday and while it was lovely I was a bit disappointed that the two special occasions were merged. I would tell your friend to choose another day other than her birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why not do it a day or 2 before the party so that you are both able to announce it at her party.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to newbie3 For This Useful Post:

GemimaPuddleduck  (17-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The proposal should be a special day where she's swept off her feet. I would have hated being proposed to on my birthday, particularly if it was a milestone birthday which is significant for other reasons. It is a big deal and very personal thing for the couple, and to have family and friends around, I don't know, that just isn't the same to me.

My DH proposed to me on a beach with a champagne picnic, just the two of us. It was very secluded and private (we were staying on a small island at the time) and that, to me, was the perfect way to do it. We could bask in the emotion of it all without having to share that moment with lots of other people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my DH not to propose to me on my birthday,he proposed to me on my birthday Hahahaha! It was still special so I don't really think it matters what day it is.