+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm 41 and having an 8mo makes me feel every minute of that age, whereas before I had him I felt young and vibrant. I was fit and healthy! Now I feel old and frumpy - but I am working on the frumpy part with some new bras to hold up the puppies, and new hairstyle (short blonde bob) and exercising more/eating better to fit into my pre-baby clothes.

I have a dodgy knee as one of my legs is almost 1cm shorter than the other (I wear orthotics for exercising), and I've been going to physio regularly lately because my back is as stiff as a steel rod and I have de Quervain's tenosynovitis (inflamed tendon) in my right thumb/wrist requiring me to wear a brace to support and limit movement...I'm right handed so this is a real b!tch, particularly with a baby.

So that's a pretty picture isn't it. Poor DH - he met me at my best and now 10 years on I've fallen apart, aesthetically speaking anyway. He looks great after giving up gluten and losing 18kg just from that change in diet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    44 😁

I win!

Currently sitting at the hairdressers having the greys dealt with!
    Congratulations! We have a winner! Here is your crown... if you tilt it slightly it will cover the grey hairs. Oh, and it's made of pewter to match our shoes because apparently all 'comfortable' shoes only come in pewter.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Grey hair down there? See the first ever post in the two words thread. Grey eyebrow hairs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Snap. I'm also 44.

I'm in denial about the grey hair though. If I leave my hair down I can't see them (yet).
    I have the 'wings of wisdom' around my ears!

Getting older means you always look tired even if you are not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    I have the 'wings of wisdom' around my ears!

Getting older means you always look tired even if you are not!
    Hehe I'm 45 in about 4 weeks, I'm heading to the other side of 40, I live with a teen and a toddler!!!

Noooooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 43 in 3 weeks . I have way to many greys thanks to DS20 and DD17

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    I went to see the backstreet boys last night... I felt very young again during the concert, but on the train afterwards (at 11.15pm), all the thirty-something women who had been at the concert were all falling asleep! So the train carriage was full of half or fully asleep ladies - we're definitely not 15 anymore! 😂
    Werent they great. I saw them last Sunday and loved every minute of their concert.

I got a bung up knee, shoulder, wrists. Havent found any grey hairs yet but i know they will be here before i know it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post

Snap! I worked out this morning that I've spent a quarter of my life chronically sleep deprived so it's more amazing I don't look 50! I sure feel like I'm older than that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm turning 36 and as the winter comes I have been feeling what I assume is the first signs of arthritis in my knees! My Mum and Grandmother both have it and both have had bilateral knee replacements. I'm struggling to squat down, my knees hurt when I walk upstairs or hills.......

My crows feet have now extended all the way down my cheeks and I have an age spot on my hand

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I am old too.

And I felt even older the other day when I read an article in the paper that mentioned a "middle aged woman" and then later in the article revealed she was 46.

am I middle aged? That sounds OLD
    What even is middle aged