+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Are 3-4 year olds suppose to be this hard? Help!

As in drive you to the complete edge??????? I think I am actually going nuts and my parenting has gone completely down the drain! I am such a crap mum and that's not for pity I really am. I scream all day and as much as we don't hit in this house I have been rough with her lately because I am driven to this point where I just can't handle it anymore! I slapped her arm today because there was just nothing left in me.(she hurt the baby) We've tried everything! Naughty corners, rewards, banning blah blah blah ........She is such a smart girl but so so challenging! She has completely put me off having a 3rd as I am seriously at the end of my string here! She doesn't listen, she tells me where to go, she won't let the baby touch anything and is rough with her. I've caught her kneeing the 10month old in the head! This 3 nearly 4 year old is so so so hard. Why? What have I done so dam wrongπŸ™‰πŸ™‰πŸ™‰πŸ™‰
    At the shops today I told her off as I was trying to listen to the lady at the post office and she kept saying I want this teddy I want this lolly I want this NOW and I didn't swear or hit her I just told her off and I was looked at like everyone was ready to report me. I was ripping my hair out from 6am but no let's look at this mum and make her feel like a crap mum!!!
    I was called to kindy this week because she hit a girl and after she was told not to she went and did it again. They say her out of activities but she didn't careπŸ™‰πŸ™‰πŸ™‰πŸ™‰ yes we have good moments so not good days just moments but this is full on wow!!! I am not depressed I am not sad I don't have anxiety before anyone thinks to suggest these I just want to LOVE being a mum again because right now I seriously want to run away and hide! Hubby is SO not as supportive as I'd like but he's not bad either he works I don't so I can't argue to much can I πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Are 3-4 year olds suppose to be this hard? Help!

Yes.

By 5 they improve significantly. I've got an almost 3yo and 5yo. The older one is improving whilst the younger one Is giving me a drinking habit.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 15-05-2015 at 22:24.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (15-05-2015),MsViking  (15-05-2015),smallpotatoes  (17-05-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm sooooooo sorry to read you are feeling so bad.

But...I've totally missed you :-)

Has your DD been this way for long or is it since your bub was born? It sounds like a combination of poor impulse control and jealousy/attention seeking behaviour to me.

Just wanted to send you some solidarity - I have big patches of hating this being a mum thing. I hope it all picks up for you soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yes.

By 5 they improve significantly. I've got an almost 3yo and 5yo. The older one is improving whilst the younger one Is giving me a drinking habit.
    Yeah I think I'll start drinking more πŸ™‰

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I'm sooooooo sorry to read you are feeling so bad.

But...I've totally missed you :-)

Has your DD been this way for long or is it since your bub was born? It sounds like a combination of poor impulse control and jealousy/attention seeking behaviour to me.

Just wanted to send you some solidarity - I have big patches of hating this being a mum thing. I hope it all picks up for you soon x
    Oh Harvs you really are special! Thank you so much πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

It's definitely a jealous thing which sux I don't want jealous daughters oh lord

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, 3 and 4 are so crap.
    My eldest ds is 5 now and Im told it gets better but so far his behaviours are still hard, he puts me off ever wanting another ever again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice sorry as I clearly have no idea either.... But just wanted to say that my nearly 4.5 year old is the most difficult he has been in his life. And he was a hard newborn!

Disobedience, disrespect, aggression... But then completely gorgeous at times as well!!!

Terrible twos? Pffft, that was nothing...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm experiencing the same thing. DD is good in many ways but oh man she is going through a non listening/cranky/defiant stage right now. I'm seriously considering a parenting course, I have no idea what to do!

Feel your pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 3.5 and goes through difficult phases from time to time. I'm due with baby no2 in 3 months time so I'm trying to get on top of her behaviour now before the baby comes. We don't smack either except once I did and I cried for an hour after it. Definitely not something I ever want to do again. I read 123 magic a while ago and I think it has some good tips, going to have to reread it cos I've gotten a bit slack on it. But it did help. We also have a reward chart which has also helped. I hope you get some helpful advice that works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 almost 4yo DD can be a nightmare too. We have daily battles over the most ridiculous things - her hair is too curly and doesn't look like Elsa's hair - somehow my fault, the food I make for dinner is always things she doesn't like, even when it was her favourite the day before, oh, I could go on...