+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can I encourage ds to walk in anyway?

I've torn my shoulder from carrying DS. He's so heavy. He's 17 kgs 15months. I can barely do anything im so sore it's my right arm too CANT EVEN USE MY PHONE. Ha!! Texting takes forever. #firstworldprobs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    DP and I took DD to the park a lot to encourage walking because she didn't like the feel of the grass on her hands.

We also always kept her barefoot so it'd be easier for her and surrounded her by a lot of push toys.

We'd also put really interesting things out of her reach which would totally encourage her to climb up and try and toddle towards them! We'd get her really hyped about a bottle of water or something and then put it out of reach and she'd always be desperate to reach it.

Take care of yourself! Your injury sounds painful - especially in this cold weather!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    DP and I took DD to the park a lot to encourage walking because she didn't like the feel of the grass on her hands.

We also always kept her barefoot so it'd be easier for her and surrounded her by a lot of push toys.

We'd also put really interesting things out of her reach which would totally encourage her to climb up and try and toddle towards them! We'd get her really hyped about a bottle of water or something and then put it out of reach and she'd always be desperate to reach it.

Take care of yourself! Your injury sounds painful - especially in this cold weather!
    He doesn't care about crawling on anything he crawls on grass etc he grabs chairs and pushes them he will grab my hands and walk. Our last physio session they said maybe delayed because of his weight

I'm hoping he will start soon copying dd because I'm in agony.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    DD is only 8kg. The doctors aren't concerned but I would have thought more chub = more muscle strength? Obviously it means more weight to carry too though.

Maybe you could try to not carry him at all unless essential? It's important that your arm heals! If he's carried less he'll hopefully be more motivated to walk because it's quicker than crawling.

Is he in daycare? DD started walking because she was copying the kids at daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    DD is only 8kg. The doctors aren't concerned but I would have thought more chub = more muscle strength? Obviously it means more weight to carry too though.

Maybe you could try to not carry him at all unless essential? It's important that your arm heals! If he's carried less he'll hopefully be more motivated to walk because it's quicker than crawling.

Is he in daycare? DD started walking because she was copying the kids at daycare.
    Yes they go three days a week. He is very active on ground pushes a chair etc but just hasn't learnt to let go. I don't lift him that much as im stern as I don't want them thinking they can have me 24/7. (That sounds awful but I mean that in a nice way haha!!) because at moment hubby helps so I try and say don't pick up when crying etc! Just let them deal. I'm a hard *** LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A trolley or walker he can push around? My DDs gave wooden carts and when they couldn't walk the loved using those.