+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default This is embarrassing and it's ****ing me off

Ok does anyone else DH/DP etc do this?

DH flew up to visit me while I'm looking after my dad in qld and brought our boys.

Both have been sick for the past week or so. Coughing, runny nose, miserable etc.

Firstly I asked DH about 4 times to bring the bottle and teat for ds2 as I had heaps of expressed BM in the freezer here, he forgot, so I had to buy another bottle for $11 today.

Then, he brought the nurofen for the kids, but there wasn't enough, so I had to buy more x 2.

Anyway the whole time I've been away, I asked him specifically to heck both DS's breathing because they do tend to work hard and get the recession at the ribs and have both used ventolin almost every time they are sick. Every time I mentioned it, he said they were fine.

This evening ds2 was breathing rapidly. Of course, DH didn't being the ventolin, (not that I asked him too, but I'm annoyed that neither of us thought of it)

I came to the chemist to ask if i need a script for it and she said no, so I asked how much it was, and she said it's $8 for ventolin, $20 for the spacer and $13 for the mask.

I've already spent roughly $60 at the pharmacy today and they have only just got here!!!

Oh, ds2 burnt his fingers the other night, I asked DH how they were, he said fine, said it got a blister and blister popped but all good. I look today, it's blood red and dirty as he is still crawling. So I said have u put anything on it? Even a band aid? Nope.

So anyway, I had to buy Betadine for $17 as well!!

So I ask his opinion about ventolin and spacer etc and tell him the price. He says he thinks ds2 is fine... Says it costs so much blah blah...argh it's so frustrating!!

I know it's expensive, but if it's needed, it's needed!!

Anyone else's hubby whinge this much about cost?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Roseate  (30-10-2015)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DH wouldn't whinge but even if he did it wouldn't make an iota of difference, we're talking about our child's health and wellbeing. I'd rather pay a chemist price and ensure better health and sleep for all than a rushed trip to hospital.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My hubby tells me other things are too expensive and unnecessary (but at the end of the day, it's my money too so I spend it if I want to) but never anything to do with medical treatment.

I know it doesn't help now but when my husband has a lot to do and I'm not there to help, I write a list on my phone as I think of things, then send it to him all in one go. He has it all right in front of him and can delete each item / task as he does it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the kids are unwell and DH goes to the chemist, he is guaranteed to come home with $100 worth of extras because the chemist assistant might have mentioned these could help 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    If the kids are unwell and DH goes to the chemist, he is guaranteed to come home with $100 worth of extras because the chemist assistant might have mentioned these could help 😒
    Haha this is my dh too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did write a list and send it to him

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH would spend more then needed because he would be convinced by people at the chemist all this other extra stuff would help. He would also have never thought to use a bandaid and would forget nearly all I asked him to pack

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    DH would spend more then needed because he would be convinced by people at the chemist all this other extra stuff would help. He would also have never thought to use a bandaid and would forget nearly all I asked him to pack
    Hubby is the same he is an over packer haha I'm the forgetful one 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I can't blame your DH for forgetting stuff. I always forget stuff for the kids when I travel and end up having to buy more. It's so chaotic packing for 2, and trying to look after their daily needs too! Yes he should have checked the list but if your busy it's easy to miss.

However I always err on the side of caution and would have bought the ventolin and spacer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    To be honest I can't blame your DH for forgetting stuff. I always forget stuff for the kids when I travel and end up having to buy more. It's so chaotic packing for 2, and trying to look after their daily needs too! Yes he should have checked the list but if your busy it's easy to miss.

However I always err on the side of caution and would have bought the ventolin and spacer.
    I see your point, however I'm more annoyed that when I have to buy stuff he seems to question me and think that I'm overreacting to the kids sickness and that they don't need 'xyz' and then whinges about the price of it.

It's the fact I'm made to feel bad that I'm spending money on stuff. That was my main irritation