+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you ladies. These tips are great 😊 I will try and see if I can sit up the back with a seat blocked, I'm not sure if I'll get lucky enough. I'm 100% sure I'll have someone who whinges about kids next me. I have the worst luck when it comes to flights. But they'll just have to make do.
    These snack ideas are great. He's so fussy at the moment so anything different and new might help lol

I'm so nervous about it but hopefully it will go smoothly and he will be fine. He can be such a terror so it's a worry lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't worry about the whingey person. If they have a problem then they need to suck it up or move. In fact as soon as they start to whinge or roll their eyes, I would acknowledge it 'sorry you have a flight right next to a baby', and then follow up with 'last time we flew he projectile vomited without warning'. Most people are kind on flights but if they're not then their issue doesn't need to add to your stress level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Don't worry about the whingey person. If they have a problem then they need to suck it up or move. In fact as soon as they start to whinge or roll their eyes, I would acknowledge it 'sorry you have a flight right next to a baby', and then follow up with 'last time we flew he projectile vomited without warning'. Most people are kind on flights but if they're not then their issue doesn't need to add to your stress level.
    Oh that's a good one! I'll use that! Lol. Hopefully I'll get someone nice who isn't bothered. Or an empty seat would be great haha. I'm sure it will all go ok and I'm just stressing for nothing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can always say from experience (or what they think) is it easier to take a big handbag as carry on with DS stuff in there or take a separate handbag and carry on.

Also anyone who's flown out of Sydney airport recently, last time my sister (who was 15 at the time) flew into Sydney airport her dad was not allowed to come to the gate to meet her. Apparently some new security thing. Is this still the way it is? I'm concerned with flying out and dp not being able to come to the gate with us and me wrangling DS and bags while we wait. Just doesn't seem like a fun idea lol
    I can't remember how long ago it was but yeah if anyone has flown recently can u let me know please 😊 thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    I flew into Sydney last week - DH met us at the gate so no issues there.

I always take a backpack rather than a handbag it makes toddler wrangling a lot easier.

DS2 and I fly together probably 6-8 times a year by ourselves since he was about 3 months old. It's great he now has his own seat!

Food is a must. Little treats like sultanas or biscuits are a great distraction. As pp said try to keep it to food that won't require a massive clean up.

As for activities besides those already mentioned I now take a packet of blu tack (a hubber gave me this tip a while ago). It's fantastic they can play with it, you can use it to stick their drink bottle, pencils and containers etc down, it doesn't stain or mark anything, I pull the window shade down and he sticks it on that.
    Thank you! That's a relief lol I really can't remember when it was lol it wasn't ages ago but wasn't only a short time either. Maybe someone special was coming in or something ridiculous. Lol. At least DP can help me keep DS busy while we wait.

A backpack would be good. I might have to buy one. I don't actually own one lol DP has one but he will need it for work while we are away.

Thank you! He loves sultanas so that's easy. I'll keep the messy food away lol I'm only planning to take enough to get us through the flight. My dad will stock up on stuff for us while we are there lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    And blu tack! That's genius! Thank you. I'll take some with us.