+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I was in your shoes, I'd be pretty angry and tempted to comment - however I agree with others that it's best to ignore it.

It's an attention seeking rant, and quite frankly I think it makes her look bitter and unhinged. It's inconsistent with the truth, and most people in her life probably know that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with everything else - I would ignore it too. If you say/do anything then she learns she can get to you via Facebook. My mil has a personality disorder and the best thing my SIL and I learned to do is "not buy into it". This way she has a lot less to play the victim card about. Best of luck to you. This must be so infuriating to see!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bella25 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think you need to either block her from your newsfeed (select 'unfollow') or unfriend her. Why expose yourself to that? Do you have much of a relationship with her? Does being her Facebook friend serve you much purpose?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GirlsRock that would be hilarious - an absent Mum meme :-) But not appropriate if taking the moral high ground, lol :-) :-)

True about it making her look like the bitter one - and I'm sure you are right @bella25 if I do buy into this, then she will know that is another avenue of pushing my buttons.
    @Hollywood yes I'm considering doing the unfollow thing. I use FB mainly for business, so I have a lot of stuff on my feed that I just ignore, hers included. This time though she's gone further than usual. Because she hardly has any friends (IRL & online), my sister and I normally "like" or comment on the nice posts or if she puts pics of the grandkids up, so that she has some level of interaction. If this sort of thing keeps up I will definitely unfollow as I don't need that in my face, but hopefully if she doesn't get a reaction it will be a one-off.

Mum and I do have a reasonable relationship, but I am trying to distance myself at the moment as I realised how toxic she is and she uses me as a dumping ground a lot of the time. So I'm gradually stepping back and putting much more solid boundaries in place - which is great for me and a huge step forward :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

bella25  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ignore it.
    This is classic PD behaviour. My MIL is the exact same way. Can't see anything from another person's perspective and is always the victim no matter how awful her actions are.

She's in prison right now for doing something exceptionally evil and horrible to her daughter (my S/Os little sister) and my SO was the one that put the wheels in motion and caused the chain reaction that put her in there. He no longer speaks to her. The other week she asked her other daughter to tell him she wants to talk to him to let HIM know SHE forgives HIM for PUTTING HER in prison. Nevermind it's her own fault she's in there. She's still the victim. Not every single one of her kids who she abused growing up. She's the one who people should feel sorry for.

Ugh, anyway...it's not worth bringing up. They will never see the error of their ways. Ever.