+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help: Looking for exceptional OB in Perth SOR for high risk pregnancy

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a great OB? Preferably female? My first pregnancy was my beautiful IVF baby- I had haemorraging from 7 weeks up to 5 months and nearly lost DS 3 times, she was born prem by emergency caesar, but that was in VIC 6 years ago now. My second child DS was a traumatic caesar gone horribly wrong, I had DVT's and major post op infection and I nearly died, I was also left with PTSD from the trauma. That was in QLD. Im now pregnant again, totally unplanned (eep!) and living in Perth WA (south) and could reallly use some good recommendations for a brilliant OB either public or private. Many thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a recommendation. Pm sent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw, u need to have 5 posts before I can and u pm. Pm me when u get 5. I will make recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowsers what a journey. Congrats on your pregnancy. I have a recommendation, but not a girl. It's for Adam Gubbay, private OB at SJOG Subiaco.

We used him for bub just born 8 weeks ago. Although he's not the most touchy feely in terms of having a chat he was excellent in terms of thoroughness. Given your precious issues I think his attention to detail and very cautious approach would suit well. He always went the extra mile with me in terms of following up with personal phone calls and ordering tests etc. He may come off to some as a bit rough around the edges though, so it depends what you prefer I guess. For me knowing he was super good at the business end stuff and also very cautious - minimising risk at every opportunity was most important. Esp given our bub was IVF and we'd been through so much to get him.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help: Looking for exceptional OB in Perth SOR for high risk pregnancy

Gosh what a journey! I'm with Dr Mulroy at sjog subi so not SOR but I love her so far. She's been fantastic and her midwife is lovely too. I've heard good things about Anna Holmes at sjog Murdoch but I have no personal experience with her. Good luck
    Last edited by besha; 27-05-2015 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I didn't know that it is allowed to put dr name out in public. I would recommend going to king eddies. They take high risk case. King eddies is not a posh hospital but You will be sent there in any serious emergency at the priv hospital. Pre term baby as well. Dr Craig Pennell is the go to guy for high risk case. You can see him as a priv patient at king eddies. Just google him, you will see that he only handles the high risk case. I don't have any experience with him, though.

Hope this preg is a smooth one. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes I forgot about Craig Pennell. He has the reputation of being the best in the state, and works privately and at kemh. I think he'd be your best bet for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely go with Craig Pennell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also would go with Craig Pennell. Just in case you can't though, Seonaid Mulroy works with Craig at kemh and also takes higher risk cases.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing OB

I want to deliver at Mercy Hospital and I'm thinking of going with Seonaid Mulroy but can't find any reviews. Tossing up between her and Patrick Wu(seen some glowing reports on him) or Michael Gannon. I'm new to the forum so would someone mind pm'ing me?