+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! 8yr old day & night time wetting

Hi everyone,
    My youngest daughter is 8 and she is still wetting the bed and has accidents during the day. She has never been dry overnight, ever. She has dry days but most of the time she will wet herself. This is a HUGE issue at school and she is now starting to be teased about it. We have seen doctors about it and her paediatrician said it was constipation. We have done everything he said to do with constipation and it is still happening. I don't believe she is constipated anymore or that is actually the issue. The last few days her urine has smelt fishy so i think she has a urine infection. But apart from the last few days its hasn't smelt like anything except wee.
    I am at my wits end... have no idea what to do anymore. I'm not having much luck with dr's. We have tried the bed wetting alarm, a watch especially for toileting, limiting drinks, increasing drinks, rewards, punishment with nothing helping. I think she has a medical issue that dr's haven't found yet because they never want to do any tests because they think she'll just grow out of it. But we are both so stressed. My other 3 haven't had any issues with it and i know that bedwetting is normal up to a certain age but i'm more concerned with the day time wetting. I've even considered home schooling her because we can't get on top of it.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    your poor dd, I'm sorry I don't have any advice but wanted to say that I hope you find some answers soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! I've just had a look at your profile and see you're in QLD. Not sure if it would be too far away, but the Mater in South Brisbane have physiotherapists at Mater Wellness- see http://wellness.mater.org.au/Our-Ser...or-dysfunction that might be able to assess/ help. I think it is all privately funded, so could be expensive, but I'm thinking about taking my 6yo there, he has only been dry overnight once, ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you looked into a link to food intolerances? I've read a number of times about a link between gluten or dairy intolerance but I don't know much about it or whether the links are proven. Might be worth looking into though if you have tried everything. Best of luck, it must be hard for you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. I'm on the Gold
    Coast but I would certainly travel almost anywhere at the moment to get some help.
    I stress every day while she's at school and I feel so bad for her.
    I'm taking her to the Drs tonight to see if she has an UTI. She has had a ultrasound and urine tests before and they have all come back normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard/read the same Redcorset so I'm thinking we may have to go down that road and see if it makes a difference.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tiredmummyof4 For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Try and get him into a continence nurse, they are usually run out of your local hospital or community health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    your poor dd would a pediatric urologist be able to help? maybe ask for a ref feral to one when u go to the drs tonight.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 14-05-2015 at 15:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can't get anywhere with doctors I would recommend getting a referral for a urologist. They might be able to point you in the right direction. I would also be demanding some extra tests tonight when you're at the doctors.
    My 8 year old DD can have accidents still and found out it was from her back. She sees a Chiro and no more accidents and over night bed wetting has eased up too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you put her in one of those grown up undies for little accidents so it's not visible at school. I feel so sorry for your dd and so glad you are trying to get it sorted for her. Good luck.