+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do the they say if he settles quick after you go? My boy always cried at drop off but after I was gone was fine. I knew this as I popped back once or twice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He likes daycare & is fine there, im just struggling with the overtired crying before drop off when trying to get ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    He likes daycare & is fine there, im just struggling with the overtired crying before drop off when trying to get ready
    Sometimes babies have to cry as we mums get important stuff done. It sucks but you have to do what you have to do. I used to set up the high chair in the bathroom when I showered and dressed if they were really upset.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    It does get easier. Some great suggestions here as well.

Try not to get caught up in 'if this keeps happening I won't be able to cope' kind of thinking. It may happen for a while. It may not. It may happen sometimes and not at others. Those thoughts can be damaging and add unnecessary tension and stress.

The best you can do is plan these days ahead of time so you have minimal to do at the time. Sometimes he may have to cry for a bit. That's ok. It won't kill him. It won't damage him.

If he can see you and you can talk to him while you're not holding him he may feel a bit better.

He's a baby - he'll learn and adapt to childcare. It's what babies do best - learning and adapting!

It took my DS a few weeks and now he basically pushes me out the door when I drop him off.

Good luck :-)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DailyDiversion  (14-05-2015),Freyamum  (14-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiredness has kicked in... its always hard.
    My kids both still struggle at the end of the week. My ds is now in prep and friday mornings are a nightmare. dd goes to kindy 3 days and struggles on the last day as well. hugs to you... its really rough getting out the door some days. Like others have said.. do as much as possible the night before. But at the end of the day Just do the best you can. Your ds will be fine xxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill try the tips. Its a bit of a nightmare honestly. Hes overtired, he woke for a feed last night then would not go back to sleep (we tried for 3 hours) & in the end i rocked him to sleep & sat & held him for the rest of the night because he would not transfer. Thankfully i dont have work today. But now he is so overtired he wont go to sleep this morning, is just screaming. Dh just rocked him to sleep & transferred & he immediately started screaming. I guess we just accept that thursday will be an entire day of never ending screaming & that we are now back to square one again with sleep thanks to daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub is 11 months and not at cc but she screams a lot in the morning when I'm trying to get kids ready for school. Sorry I've no advice but it might not have anything to do with cc just this tricky age??