+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weaning from pumping

Hi guys, I need to wean from pumping and wondering how people have done it in the past. GP says wrap em tight and suffer through for 48 hours or so. However dr Google says lots of different things.

Curious to know other people's ideas please.

Thank you

ps he's almost 8 weeks and we've never been able to establish BFing not for lack of trying. It's not an option for me to continue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are drugs that dry milk out. Cold and flu in particular. Otherwise you just pump for relief so 50-100mls. Over time your body will produce less

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find caffeine drops my milk supply - might be worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Caffeine or chocolate drops supply.
    I was pumping full time... I just decreased how many times a day/night. ... And slowly that way. It took a couple of weeks. We were still transitioning my daughter over to formula so the few weeks was good for milk supply for her and me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice, but just wanted to say congratulations on pumping for 8 weeks. It's really hard work! BFing didn't work out for us either, and I've been exclusively expressing too (almost 7 months now). I completely understand that continuing with it might not be an option for any number of reasons, but if it's any help, i found it easier as time went on. Congrats, and good luck with the weaning. ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD1 I went brutal, just stopped pumping and when I got too sore just pumped off enough to be comfortable.

With DD2 when I decided to stop each day I pushed out how often I would pump by an hour. So I was 3 hourly, then 4, then 5, when I went to morning and night it just stopped.