+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who is right? Rant

So DP and I just had an argument about dinner and he hung up on me. He had the day off and I asked him to cook dinner - he has done this particular dish before. I discussed with him making the dish before I left for work but didn't get a chance to tell him how to make it (because he never remembers that buts another issue). When I got to work I texted him the ingredients that he needed and how to actually make it. I also specifically mentioned that he had to get beans as knew we didn't have any.

Well apparently I should have checked everything else because he rang me because we didn't have potatoes and now it's too late to get them and pick up our DS from day care. It just sh**s me that it's always up to me to organise dinner. For gods sake he had the day off and I've been at work all day.

Sorry... Rant over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Man logic? I'm struggling with 3 kids and try and talk to Dp he always says things like housework isn't important to him I should stop worrying about things and get out with baby, play with older kids after school and then when we run out of milk, can't find swimmers, have ants on the counter it's always eye rolls that I've dropped the ball! Sorry not same but somehow these things are always ultimately our responsibility!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    What is he? 5 lol? You even texted him the ingredients and how to cook it, what more could you have done?

Dh does to do this sort of thing too. I find it's a mixture of laziness and learned helplessness He's actually pretty good with helping me around the house but when it comes to cooking I've given up bc I have to tell him step by step how to cook the most basic meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're not his mother. He's an adult. He needs to act like one. You are in the right, except that I think you went too far in texting him everything. Lack of initiative drives me bonkers.

I'm in a bad mood today so just saying what I think. Without the expletives.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (12-05-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    What is he? 5 lol? You even texted him the ingredients and how to cook it, what more could you have done?

Dh does to do this sort of thing too. I find it's a mixture of laziness and learned helplessness He's actually pretty good with helping me around the house but when it comes to cooking I've given up bc I have to tell him step by step how to cook the most basic meals.
    Yeah this is us. Though dh has finally learnt to cook! But still needs lots of advice etc. And it would be all my fault if we were missing an ingredient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like my DP though he won't even cook!!! (Not even toasted sandwiches)!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is incredibly frustrating but I shouldn't have been surprised. The worst part is that what he was going to cook would have given us leftovers for tomorrow night and now I have to think of something for then too!

He joys of men. Still to be fair there are things that he does that I refuse to so it does even out I guess.