+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uncertainty Re Unusual Test Results...

Hi there... I was after the experiences, knowledge and opinions of others regarding my current situation...

Whilst preg with my ds (who will be 3 in a few weeks) I ended up with severe pre-e, that resulted in a midnight flight to our cap city and an emercency c-section at 33 weeks, with ds having some IUGR and very mixed 42 days in hospital. (From first mention of pre-e as a possibility to emergency c-s was about 2 weeks).

I have recently found that I am pregnant again, as I have not had a period since around xmas i was sent for a dating scan that put me at 6 weeks at the time (will be 8 by weeks end) with a due date of Dec 24. However when i returned to the GP she informed me that the scan showed up a blood clot, that the yolk sack isn't round, and that my blood screen has come back positive for anti-bodies... "a warm reactive IgG type auto antibody with a positive score of 10"... I was given the impression that this unusual because I have blood type O+ (not a neg blood type) and I've never had a blood transfusion... i was also given the impression that it isnt good, but wasn't given too much more info until I see the Ob/Gyn. I also have to have another scan (within 10-14 days of the first which implied some urgency) re the blood clot, but I wasnt really told anything more about that either.

The total lack of details has really left me hanging. Anyone had these same issues, together or individually? Anyone know anything more specific about any of this? Please share, enlighten me if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you go back for more information?

Thanks
    Reviews
    well I have an appt with the Ob/Gyn next week... but that will be over a week and a half since the GP appt... it was odd really, she (the GP) made it all sound kinda bad, and somewhat urgent, and admitted that she didn't know what that type of anti-body actually meant but that it would probably put me at increased risk of bleeds and miscarriage but then said she "wouldn't bother" calling ahead to check with the Ob/Gyn since I'd be seeing him anyway... Just me or does something about all that sound a bit off

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uncertainty Re Unusual Test Results...

It sounds like she has no idea about the situation. I would be calling your ob. It may be absolutely nothing but you won't know until you ask. It's not worth the stress. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    have been feeling increasingly weak and breathless and a bit shakey... went in to see a dif GP today and thankfully this one said she actually worked in the labs for a while before becoming a GP and was one of the few docs who could tell me what the test results mean... not much was the answer. Just anti-bodies at this stage... could be any number of things... even just a recent virus... even just a reaction to becoming pregnant. None of the implied possible doom and gloom, just something to keep an eye on. was sent for a whole bunch more bloods today (incl. one to see if the level of anti-bodies is increasing) so the Ob will have more info to work with. only down side was that there's no real explanation for feeling this way at such an early stage, hopefully it's nothing and it'll pass. hopefully tomorrow's scan goes smoothly too and there's no more blood clot talk