+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What the hell is wrong with people?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on twins!!

We always got negative comments with all 4 of our announcements. By the 4th it was pretty much expected so it was like water off a ducks back for us. I think the one that hurt the most though was my mum, she didnt speak to me for weeks after i told her with all 4 pregnancies. So it wasn't exactly a negative comment but her actions spoke louder than words. I am 26 (almost 27) and cop a lot of comments about my age and the fact I have 4 kids... most are "oh you must have started young" which isnt too bad but I constantly feel like I have to justify myself. Or being askrd by complete strangers of they are all to the same man or the comments about the fact we have 4 girls... people act like its the worst thing in the world. Dh was told before we met that it would be a miracle if he ever fathered a child, so the fact we have 4 beautiful girls is a dream come true.

Once you become pregnant its like you become fair game for every Tom, D!ck and Harry. Its ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 26 and due with number 5, so we've definitely had some comments! The only negative comments we get are from strangers. We've lost 2 daughters so all our friends and family are thrilled that I'm pregnant. It doesn't bother me what strangers think. Mostly I get, "but you look too young to have 5!" and I just reply, "I am young". They generally don't say anything more because my tone/body language make it clear that I'm not embarrassed or ashamed about it. So they know they won't get a rise out of me and that makes it less fun for them to say mean things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all you're support ladies!
    I guess it's just quite shocking to me that people don't see it for what it is - a blessing! I was diagnosed with PCOS and was told it will take me some time to conceive, probably with medical assistance. So the fact that we have TWINS is just amazing to me. I'm usually quite a reserved easy going person but I'm definitely finding it difficult not to lose it with some people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Congratulations how exciting!!

I was finished having three separate children at 26 and also finished a marriage- anyone who wants to be negative will be negative despite your age- it's their problem!

I'm sorry you haven't experienced a nicer reaction! What lovely news; They sound like total jerks xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations and I think they are all so rude and nasty and there is nothing wrong having babies at 26 I wished id had my kids that young but wasn't in the position to. Rise above them if they aren't willing to be supportive or happy for you..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Pregnancy and being a mum prompted me to get rid of a lot of negative people in my life. Just remember that it's their issue, not yours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pixiepie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people are just retards!! Why on earth would you say such silly comments upon hearing the exciting news of a baby or two on the way?
    I can't believe how rude some ppl are. It's none of their damn business if it was a planned pregnancy or not. Who cares?
    I had my first at 21 so goodness knows what ppl were saying about me then. Haha!!
    I've had one planned and one happy surprise- I love them equally and no matter how much thought went into the conception the adoration and overwhelming joy for them being mine is inconceivable!.
    Tell them to shove it! Maybe implement a new rule- Anyone who is a **** during the pregnancy gets no squishy cuddles when they arrive!

Wishing you only love and positivity from here on. Surround yourself with the ppl who care the most for you and block out the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    People are dix. Ignore them. Congratulations and may everyone who has been a douche canoe wake up with bum boils tomorrow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Congratulations!!! How exciting for you both! And twins!!!

Try to avoid retaliatory rudeness. It lowers you to their level.

Try these responses

Cold stare and walk away

"Oh you're negative aren't you!" Followed by bright smile and walk away.

And to the nasty person who said they had nothing nice to say "lucky my happiness doesn't require your approval" and walk away
    These responses are perfect!

Also when i first read, I don't know why i did (I think maybe a similar user name to someone on another forum I know lol), but I assumed you and your partener were lesbians. Then when I got to the "Were they planned" comment I was like..... "Seriously? ??? That person who made that comment is a dumbass... but then It clicked lol.

Anywayyy. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR TWINS!!!!