+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought my doctor was but the longer it keeps going on with no change - go back with a new one and she just gives more antibiotics, I realise I should be a bit more pushy but didn't think I'd have to be.
    I may look into a dermatologist.

Got a few ideas now thank you ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    I thought my doctor was but the longer it keeps going on with no change - go back with a new one and she just gives more antibiotics, I realise I should be a bit more pushy but didn't think I'd have to be.
    I may look into a dermatologist.

Got a few ideas now thank you ladies.
    Your doctor is fueling drug resistant bacteria. As a scientist it frustrates me to no end when doctors prescribe ABs without first testing what the Hell it is.

My grandfather was given 3 sets of abs in icu for an apparent chest infection. I had to fight them to do a bloody pcr test. He had influenza. No abs will ever work with that. Gah!!

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was quite lucky with mine, i had rather large lumps under my arm pits and when i finally went to the GP about it she simply sliced straight into and sent off a swab. Came back positive for Staph which i was then prescribed some super strong anti biotics. They knocked me for a six for at least three weeks but i could see the cysts going down. She also suggested which i thought worked great was treating the open wounds with colloidal silver. It was a good three months before i had no sign of the infection at all and started to feel good again. Worst part about the whole thing was she believes i had actually caught the infection from spending 5 weeks by my mums hospital bed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyChrimes For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Your doctor is fueling drug resistant bacteria. As a scientist it frustrates me to no end when doctors prescribe ABs without first testing what the Hell it is.

My grandfather was given 3 sets of abs in icu for an apparent chest infection. I had to fight them to do a bloody pcr test. He had influenza. No abs will ever work with that. Gah!!

When I can get an appointment with her I will ask her to swab the lesion. To do the staph test she swabbed up my nose and my groin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyChrimes View Post
    I was quite lucky with mine, i had rather large lumps under my arm pits and when i finally went to the GP about it she simply sliced straight into and sent off a swab. Came back positive for Staph which i was then prescribed some super strong anti biotics. They knocked me for a six for at least three weeks but i could see the cysts going down. She also suggested which i thought worked great was treating the open wounds with colloidal silver. It was a good three months before i had no sign of the infection at all and started to feel good again. Worst part about the whole thing was she believes i had actually caught the infection from spending 5 weeks by my mums hospital bed
    I asked my doctor how I could of caught it, seeing as it seemed to be from when I had ds, but she kept saying no must of been picked up in public somewhere.
    She hasn't seemed willing to drain them, like it's not an option without me trying antibiotics. I think I will ask her to test the crap that comes out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
    I asked my doctor how I could of caught it, seeing as it seemed to be from when I had ds, but she kept saying no must of been picked up in public somewhere.
    She hasn't seemed willing to drain them, like it's not an option without me trying antibiotics. I think I will ask her to test the crap that comes out.
    Find another doctor. Your one doesn't seem to correct wound procedures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And drug resistant staph is generally caught from hospitals. It's known as a hospital acquired infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will look at finding another doctor, hardest part is I don't have a car most days and only have a couple of doctors in town to choose from so it's definitely a pain but I will try to work it out.

I think my doctor was scared to say yes you probably caught it at the hospital, in case of me losing my cool. Which wouldn't of been the case. I just wanted to understand how i could have caught something like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You definitely need a new dr you need a swab of the wound/pus to find the antibiotic sensitivity. If they are able to drain the wound it will start to heal from then. I had several boils a few years ago and one I had started as an ingrown hair. I had daily wound checks on a p&o cruise and continued to see my gp asking when it would heal and getting new antibiotics, 4 months later I still had the boil and another turned up and id become allergic to all dressings and tapes. I ended up in ed one night after work as I work in a hospital and our visiting mo said I couldn't come in next day. Finally someone took swabs and went on a 4th lot of antibiotics but finally the right ones and took another 6-8 wks but my boil went and could have done so months earlier if people had done their jobs right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'll try n find a new doctor to have it drained and tested.

Does anyone know how much Manuka honey to take? I'm gonna give it a go. It can't hurt lol