+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's so hard not to get down even if it hasn't been that long. I tried for 2 years with ds1 before going down IVF route which worked but then got pregnant naturally within 2 months of coming off the pill with ds2. So looking back I think at times I was being impatient doing IVF as there were no problems identified and I can obviously get pregnant naturally.

My advice is to try to relax and take a few months off from ttc. Just try to dtd every 2-3 days but forget about temping and opk sticks etc. i did all those first time around and nothing worked then when I got pregnant second time I was so shocked as I thought I'd missed the window as I had a vague idea of when I had ovulated but purely based on knowing my body. It's so easy to say and I know how stressed and upset I was every month but I honestly think having a break might be useful.

In terms of going to Dr, I think it's up to you. I went for initial tests after about 8 months but I've always had irregular periods so thought there might be an issue but turns out all seems fine. It's good to rule things out but I also think looking back I was probably impatient and maybe should have tried for longer before going down IVF route.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

lolly007  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took us 3 years to conceive DD. 15 months naturally, then Clomid, then got our BFP on the third IVF cycle.
    Started looking into things with the GP at the 12 month mark, then got serious with a FS 12 months later.
    It can be very disheartening when everybody around seems to have no trouble.

I would suggest if it's stressing you out, that you go see your GP for a pre-conception checkup. I know I felt better if I was doing something rather than just being stuck waiting.
    Good luck, hope this cycle is your lucky one!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

lolly007  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel very guilty, it was first time both pregnancies.
    I put some of that down to the fact I knew my body very well and knew when I was going to ovulate. We also took supplements to boost sperm/ fertility.
    Of course the other aspect was luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest wasn't planned, but was a woopsy after only 2 weeks off the pill & my second was conceived month 2 trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt exactly as you did TTC #1 but thankfully got my BFP the other day!

11 months after coming off the pill but didn't get AF until until 3 months later so about 8/9 months of properly trying.

Was really getting frustrated, so many super fertile people around me, and only had my best friend to confide in as I didn't want to tell anyone we wre TTC so we could surprise them

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still try to get pg, We TTC in my early 20's and start IVF-icis in 1998 lots of OOHS and 3 Bio pg we finish with my eggs in 2005 and started Donor cycle in 2006 we went on to have 2 Donor cycle with 2 diffrent egg Donors 1 Bio pg again, so in 2011 we started searching for Donor embryos with no luck so have we are still for Embryos or Donor Eggs with my friend who has offered but need to sve the money as fund are very low after 18 cycle for 16 years Good luck every one and to those who are pg now Jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still trying after two and a bit years. One year on our own, the rest under fertility doctor. Had two pregnancies but never seem to get passed 6 weeks. Have done the tablets, injections, cycle tracking, ovulation induction, genetic and immune testing, acupuncture, herbal medications, diet changes, exercising and now the next step is IVF.