+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I wrong

so here is the situation
    Young girl I work with was really sick last week with a flu type bug to the point she had the shakes felt like puking coughing and sneezing everywhere. Now we have just found out we are UTD so I have told the girls at work and ask if they are sick to not come In ( we work with the public anyway)

So she came to work worse on Friday and I had a whinge and said she had to go home our manager didn't agree and was going to let her stay... She was puking and shaking with the flu WTF so we ended up having an arguement about it and she left he didn't talk to me for the rest of the day the. Comes out with "you need a dr cert to say u can't be near sick people" like WTF!!

Was I being unreasonable?

Ps now I'm sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not unreasonable at all. Your employer has a duty to keep your health and safety protected when you're at work. And saying it's ok for a very obviously sick person there, risking infecting everyone else, is ridiculously stupid and selfish. It also makes no sense because instead of having one sick employee off work, he could have several if they catch it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-05-2015),Busy-Bee  (12-05-2015),KitiK  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Am I wrong

Who on earth goes to work when they are vomiting? At my work you aren't allowed to be at work until you've had 24 hours without a vomit. I can't imagine any employer encouraging such ill employees to be at work.
    Aside from the fact they'd be infecting the other staff, they are hardly going to be productive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way the sick person should be at work if they are that sick. I would go above that manager and file a complaint perosnally.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    who goes to work if they are that sick?

and what manager in their right mind lets someone who is that sick stay? All that happens is that other people get sick ...

You do not need a Dr's certificate to say that you cant be around sick people - you need your workplace to provide a safe (and healthy) working environment, which does not include being exposed to someone who is very obviously too sick to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's crazy.
    No sane adult should be at work sick like that.
    It drives me crazy when sick people go to work. .spread their germs. And then others end up sick.
    Your boss should have sent her home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She definitely shouldn't have been there. Hope you don't get sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WTH was your boss thinking!? Now he has (at least) 2 sick employees. Where's the logic in that?

I'd go to work sick on Monday, cough and sneeze alllll over him, alllll day, very deliberately. Then when he complains tell him he needs a Drs certificate to say he can't be around sick people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shouldn't have gone anywhere near others and thats wrong of your boss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you full time/part time? Do you have sick leave available to you?
    If yes, I'd get a certificate saying that, then if someone gets sick you get a day off, and most likely the other person will go eventually, then he'd be 2 people down.
    What an idiot of a boss!! Not only spreading the illness with workers but the public as well