+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 509
  1. #441
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    1,396
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked
    1,398
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I bet it's not in Sydney! Rent alone here is $570 per week for a 3 bed townhouse ( a mortgage would be even more!)
    Yep, we pay 600pw for a 2 bed unit..its nice and in a nice suburb, but definitely not the ritz.

  2. #442
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,030
    Thanks
    6,282
    Thanked
    17,271
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That is why we won't live in Syd. We live in a big 4 bedroom house on over half an acre 5 mins from the main street paying around $500 a fortnight. Each to their own but I couldn't handle it.

  3. #443
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    1,396
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked
    1,398
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That is why we won't live in Syd. We live in a big 4 bedroom house on over half an acre 5 mins from the main street paying around $500 a fortnight. Each to their own but I couldn't handle it.
    I would love that. It sucks but we have to live here for work

  4. #444
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,478
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked
    2,104
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    as a side note, i would love a spin off thread too! That is some amazing budgeting would love to know some tips. Our only debt is our mortgage and it’s modest but i still feel like there is not much left to cut. You guys must have some good tricks!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (14-05-2015),btmacxxx  (15-05-2015),TeaM  (15-05-2015)

  6. #445
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,030
    Thanks
    6,282
    Thanked
    17,271
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    I would love that. It sucks but we have to live here for work
    I understand. We are at an empass atm where dh has almost finished his degree and there is no work here in his trade. So we may have to move to the city so he can work in his chosen field but paying sky high rent and probably never own. Or we stay and he never works in his field. We don't know which way to go. Personally I don't want to move. Not putting the city down at all but there is no commute, no rat race, no pollution. Our public schools are amazing, the community spirit is huge. I love the country <3 I know many hate it but I can't live in Sydney

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (14-05-2015),Chiefsgirl  (15-05-2015)

  8. #446
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,442
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked
    8,102
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I understand. We are at an empass atm where dh has almost finished his degree and there is no work here in his trade. So we may have to move to the city so he can work in his chosen field but paying sky high rent and probably never own. Or we stay and he never works in his field. We don't know which way to go. Personally I don't want to move. Not putting the city down at all but there is no commute, no rat race, no pollution. Our public schools are amazing, the community spirit is huge. I love the country <3 I know many hate it but I can't live in Sydney
    What about a mini city like Wollongong or Newcastle?

    Sydney is soooo expensive. We get by on $75k/year and are paying about half our income in rent. But at the moment moving isn't an option. When I've finished studying we would love to both move semi-rural or coastal, DP can move wherever in NSW with work and hopefully I could find teaching work somewhere out of Sydney.

    Being close to family is really important to us though and the reason we haven't moved already.

    I love it, but it's so expensive.

  9. #447
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    3,267
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked
    1,916
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Yes to mortgage. Private school plus uniforms is over 10 k plus canberra trip this year another 1.5 k.

    I don't know how I do it just seems normal to me.

    I know also have budget a few trips to Melbourne a year.

    You just make it work.
    How much is your mortgage if you don't mind me asking? My mind is pretty boggled at your budget. Are you in a small town/regional area?

  10. #448
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,351
    Thanks
    5,878
    Thanked
    4,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

    Default New Budget

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    What about a mini city like Wollongong or Newcastle?

    Sydney is soooo expensive. We get by on $75k/year and are paying about half our income in rent. But at the moment moving isn't an option. When I've finished studying we would love to both move semi-rural or coastal, DP can move wherever in NSW with work and hopefully I could find teaching work somewhere out of Sydney.

    Being close to family is really important to us though and the reason we haven't moved already.

    I love it, but it's so expensive.
    What about Adelaide?? 😃 everyone says it's like a big country town.

  11. #449
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked
    1,648
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Adelaide and it's not too expensive

  12. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,761
    Thanks
    15,175
    Thanked
    11,396
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    How much is your mortgage if you don't mind me asking? My mind is pretty boggled at your budget. Are you in a small town/regional area?
    In the ball park of 250k

    Large regional city.

    7 bedroom house on 1 acre.
    (We are building it ourselves.)


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Budget!! #2
    By beebs in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:12
  2. What does the budget mean for you
    By loislane2010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 24-05-2014, 13:49
  3. The Budget?
    By Ellewood in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 18:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays. We also offer outdoor programs during the summer months (Oct-Mar) at Rostrevor college.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!