+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heres another, doesnt give the subsidy % though...

IF YOU SEND THE KIDS TO CHILDCARE …
    Families earning between $65,000 and $185,000 will be about $30 a week better off under sweeping changes to childcare. The $3.5 billion overhaul of the childcare system means centres will receive direct government payments, which will reduce parents’ upfront costs from July 2017. There will be a new activity test — to establish whether parents are in work, training or study — for families to access up to 100 hours of subsidised childcare a fortnight. However, the childcare package is linked to cuts to family payments left over from last year’s Budget.
    if YOU’RE A STAY-AT-HOME PARENT …
    Families with one stay-at-home are among the losers in this Budget, as the government tries to encourage parents to re-enter the workforce. Families with one stay-at-home parent and a household income of $65,000 or more, will lose all childcare subsidies. Under the new proposals, both parents must do at least eight hours a fortnight of work, training or study to qualify for any childcare payment subsidies. This comes into effect on July 1, 2017. Households with a stay-at-home parent and earning less than $65,000 will still receive 12 hours of subsidised childcare.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money...-1227352362602
    Last edited by cheeeeesecake; 12-05-2015 at 21:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yep if BOTH are working. Not if one is a SAHP.
    Lower down in the article, it then states that with a family income of under 65k, you don't need to meet the work requirements to receive the subsidised CC payments for 24 hrs care. I've read elsewhere 12 hours care though, so there is discrepancy between 1-2 days of care

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I totally agree that that domestic violence statistics are completely unacceptable, and I know that the media, if not the government (don't know what/ if the government is doing anything or not) is raising the issue of DV a lot at the moment.

I guess the difference with counter terrorism is the sheer number of potential deaths. A DV incident would cause the death of 1 person. Yes, that is awful - 1 person too many, and it is not ok by any means. But a terrorist incident can cause the death of tens, hundreds, thousands of people in one incident. I have a close family member who works in counter terrorism, and the things I hear are absolutely astounding. Things that everyday Aussies are completely unaware of, the amount of terror attacks that are prevented all the time. ISIS is a huge problem at the moment, world wide, like it or not. So, yes, for the sake of my childrens safety now and in the future, I support counter terror funding. I again am biased though, because of information that I have been privvy to.
    I'm not saying they should do nothing but $455 million on top of the $200million last year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Didn't get to watch, is it July 15 or July 16 the ppl restrictions comes in
    I think thats the date its proposed to start but I has to get through the Senate first and it’s probably likely to be blocked or sit there for a bit so it might not actually get through, or could be later. All depends! I can’t believe they announced it on mothers day, with choice words about “double dipping” and it basically being fraud if you get both. Empowering stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1227350915640
    Department of Social Services data shows the big winners from the budget will be families earning less than $65,000 a year, as taxpayers will pick up 85 per cent of the daycare bill instead of the 73 per cent subsidy paid now.
    The government will pay 72 per cent of childcare costs for families earning $110,000 to $120,000, compared with the existing 65 per cent. However these families will lose access to the Family Tax Benefit Part B payment, worth $3900 a year for a family earning $120,000 with one child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Thats not what I read in the budget paper? Can you quote VP?
    Just quoting earlier post saying 85%. The 50% is just my 2 cents

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I totally agree that that domestic violence statistics are completely unacceptable, and I know that the media, if not the government (don't know what/ if the government is doing anything or not) is raising the issue of DV a lot at the moment.

I guess the difference with counter terrorism is the sheer number of potential deaths. A DV incident would cause the death of 1 person. Yes, that is awful - 1 person too many, and it is not ok by any means. But a terrorist incident can cause the death of tens, hundreds, thousands of people in one incident. I have a close family member who works in counter terrorism, and the things I hear are absolutely astounding. Things that everyday Aussies are completely unaware of, the amount of terror attacks that are prevented all the time. ISIS is a huge problem at the moment, world wide, like it or not. So, yes, for the sake of my childrens safety now and in the future, I support counter terror funding. I again am biased though, because of information that I have been privvy to.
    Fair points but how does that saying go...loose lips sink ships..?....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lower down in the article, it then states that with a family income of under 65k, you don't need to meet the work requirements to receive the subsidised CC payments for 24 hrs care. I've read elsewhere 12 hours care though, so there is discrepancy between 1-2 days of care
    I quoted the budget paper. Its definitely 24hrs care subsidized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Didn't get to watch, is it July 15 or July 16 the ppl restrictions comes in
    1st July 2016

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Falkor  (13-05-2015),maternidade  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    no one will ever admit to voting for him now.
    I should actually retract this as I meant it as tongue in cheek, not offensive. I do just seem to see so many negative opinions of this government, more than i’ve ever seen from any government and i work closely around these issues. Especially in social media. A lot of disgruntled and disappointed people out there it seems.