+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The initial ppl scheme Abbott proposed lacked support hence the reason it didn't go through. The labour party inparticular didn't support it! I remember many here voicing their opinions re how expensive it would be blah blah. Doesn't matter what he tries to do if your a labour supporter your obviously not going to like him. I am and always have been a liberal supporter and that will never change.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (13-05-2015),TeaM  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So he lied and that's okay?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

kim85  (12-05-2015),Lil Smurfy  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    If your a politician I think it's a prerequisite

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think his intentions were good but if not supported what else could he do?

But really... never trust a politician completely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Given that labour promised no carbon tax and brought that straight in, I don't think they're an honest bunch either. They all lie to get elected. You just have to work out who's lies you prefer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys
    I am and always have been a liberal supporter and that will never change.
    Really? That's rather one eyed. I could never say that about a political party. I retain the right to vote based on my own ideals and what party best meets those at the time, I couldn't take a lifetime subscription to the ideals of a political party, I value my own too much.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When it comes to politics, you're never going to get everyone to agree. We're all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    The initial ppl scheme Abbott proposed lacked support hence the reason it didn't go through. The labour party inparticular didn't support it! I remember many here voicing their opinions re how expensive it would be blah blah. Doesn't matter what he tries to do if your a labour supporter your obviously not going to like him. I am and always have been a liberal supporter and that will never change.
    He knew it would be blocked and would never get through, then he could blame Labor and minor parties. And lots of us 'bleeding heart lefties' said exactly that. That it was all a stunt to win votes and he knew the other parties would block it then he could blame them for a policy he never intended to pass. He knew it would buy the upper middle/high income vote and he was right.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (12-05-2015),HappyBovinexx  (12-05-2015),LaDiDah  (12-05-2015),rainbow road  (12-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Given that labour promised no carbon tax and brought that straight in, I don't think they're an honest bunch either. They all lie to get elected. You just have to work out who's lies you prefer
    I'd rather we do something about global warming than have the leaders of our country deny it exists and continue to allow companies to pollute the world - that's a lie that's at least palatable to me!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Sorry but to me that last bit is part of the problem for many women who WANT to take time out to be at home with their kids as they are so disadvantaged when they want to go back to work. Its the same with discrimination against older people. Loss of productivity because of these narrow views that older people and mums who are out of the workforce for years are now only good for the scrap heap or unskilled labour. It really gets me soooooo mad!!! I totally support parental leave the better and longer and quality affordable childcare, but I so wish people could address this other issue ingrained in our psyche that we are useless if we waste our time raising children or growing old! I want to work when my kids are at school I see no valid reason that I should be only able for an entry level job!!! Sure I might need some help getting skills up to date but to write me off for daring to take time out of the workforce is making me MAD AS HELL!!!!!!!!!! But ironically more determined to prove you and the other naysayers wrong. 😛
    You've missed the point. If someone takes time out from any occupation (paid or not) they lose a certain level of skills and there is an adjustment period when they return to the workforce - it doesn't necessarily mean they need to start at an entry level position or need to be thrown on the scrap heap. It may mean that they require re-training when they rejoin that occupation. It's not writing people off or saying they aren't worthy - it's just stating a fact.

I've just gone back to work after having nearly a year off with ds2 - so many things happened in my absence, people swapped jobs, teams added new functions, policy changed, I forgot how to use some of the tools and only 5 monthsish later am I starting to feel somewhat comfortable (doing the same job as I did before going on mat leave). I am not naive to the fact I needed additional training - I took the bull by the horns and organised it myself.

On the home front when I went on mat leave to look after ds2 I forgot some of the things I learned with ds1. Made the same mistakes (bubs spewing a lot... Might need to burp more often! Doh!) and had to re-read the awesome parenting bible that is SOS.

Hope that clarifies things.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (12-05-2015),harvs  (12-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015),smallpotatoes  (12-05-2015)