+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed! Bub due early September, so provided they stick with changing things next year, I should be ok.

Still angry on behalf of all the women this could affect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Many women pick careers and employers for their maternity or family packages. I know I did when I started my degree and when I started working.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I can see why people don't want others to get two lots of PPL but a lot of people stay with their current employer purely for those conditions, where they could earn more money in another sector. For me, i'll be a loss i'll have to suck up, especially as i'm likely to have another costly high risk pregnancy. Last time i had to give up work at 16 weeks to go on bed rest, so the PPL on top of my work mat leave was a big help. I think taking it away is really going to disadvantage a lot of women and they'll have to return to work earlier.
    I totally agree. I have been with the same employer for over 10 years, and in 3 countries. Part of the reason I have stayed with them is for their above average benefits packages - despite being able to earn more elsewhere.

Why penalise women who are getting that "extra" PPL that they have worked hard for? It really sh**ts me that we can't support all women and the entitlements (hate that term) which they've earned.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Falkor  (12-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default New Budget

I really take offence at the term "double dipping"- implying I'm a welfare cheat or something. I am not cheating the system- I am using both my ppl and paid maternity leave in conjunction together like it was initially designed for.

I'm so glad that my little accident occurred now....

Tony Abbott and his cronies are now showing their true colours. Makes me sick. "Double dipping" my @rse.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 12-05-2015 at 12:51.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (12-05-2015),Bond Girl  (12-05-2015),Clementine Grace  (12-05-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (12-05-2015),Falkor  (12-05-2015),Lil Smurfy  (12-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2015),smallpotatoes  (12-05-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Sorry but to me that last bit is part of the problem for many women who WANT to take time out to be at home with their kids as they are so disadvantaged when they want to go back to work. Its the same with discrimination against older people. Loss of productivity because of these narrow views that older people and mums who are out of the workforce for years are now only good for the scrap heap or unskilled labour. It really gets me soooooo mad!!! I totally support parental leave the better and longer and quality affordable childcare, but I so wish people could address this other issue ingrained in our psyche that we are useless if we waste our time raising children or growing old! I want to work when my kids are at school I see no valid reason that I should be only able for an entry level job!!! Sure I might need some help getting skills up to date but to write me off for daring to take time out of the workforce is making me MAD AS HELL!!!!!!!!!! But ironically more determined to prove you and the other naysayers wrong. ������

ditto, Ive been a sahp for 5 years now, gearing up to returning to work before my youngest starts school (because thats what I want to do) and my studies that I am undertaking in the next 12-18 months will have me return to a higher pay (and thus higher tax) than I was previously earning,
    previously I was in 'unskilled' / 'very low pay' work,
    I will be skilled when I return and intent is to continue my studies while working if I can and slowly push my way up the ladder,

I think I'd have been not a very good employee when my babies were little, I was so constantly sleep deprived I could barely string a sentence together

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I really take offence at the term "double dipping"- implying I'm a welfare cheat or something. I am not cheating the system- I am using both my ppl and paid maternity leave in conjunction together like it was initially designed for.

I'm so glad that my little accident occurred now....

Tony Abbott and his cronies are now showing their true colours. Makes me sick. "Double dipping" my @rse.
    Didn't Joe Hockey say "it's basically fraud". Lovely.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So is it "double dipping" or fraud if you didn't earn an income for the financial leave ( as you were on unpaid maternity leave) and got other benefits instead? Maybe your work pay was paid the financial year before,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this actually going to come in??? Bullsh.t
    I get 12wks paid from employer but do I want to go back to qork after 12weeks? God no.. That would be torture. I get that benefit from work. I pay my high tax and deserve to get something back for once. I wouldnt be touching anyone elses taxpayer dollars but my own I pay each year.. Not even half of it actually. Im so angry at myself that I voted for this dhead!!!! Only because of what he promised for the ppl the first time. I hope this doesn't happen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    I get 12wks paid from employer but do I want to go back to qork after 12weeks? God no.. That would be torture. I get that benefit from work. I pay my high tax and deserve to get something back for once. I wouldnt be touching anyone elses taxpayer dollars but my own I pay each year.. Not even half of it actually. Im so angry at myself that I voted for this dhead!!!! Only because of what he promised for the ppl the first time. I hope this doesn't happen.
    I feel the same way. I can't believe I actually voted for him. Never again. I'll have to take my 12 weeks maternity leave part time, just so I can be off work for longer. What a tosser

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    Another who voted based on the 6 months at my rate of pay bull****. Hey I would be happy to not get employer and have 6 months at my rate of pay

17. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

TeaM  (13-05-2015)