+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Separation and dating

I'm hoping some other single mums can help me here
    I'm newly separated (officially for 3 1/2 months), emotionally the marriage has been over for me for a long time. My ex (if that's what I can call him now lol) and I were together for 11 years, married for 4. I finally came to realise that there was a lot of emotional abuse from him toward me but I never really acknowledged it. I feel so much more free now but he still likes to play his manipulation games with me.
    I feel ready to find someone new but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to date before getting divorced. I found out I have to wait a year before I can file for divorce. What if I find someone before then? Am I breaking any laws? He didn't want me to leave and he still wears his wedding ring. I'm done though, I'm not going back. The kids and I deserve better. I'm worried about his reaction to me dating while we are still married. If I know that it is legal for me to do so then I will feel a lot more confident about it.
    I'd love to hear from other mums who have been in a similar situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi, first of all well done for being strong enough to leave. I left my xh about the same time. The 12 month wait sucks doesn't it! It is 100% legal for you to start dating again. Please be safe if he is going to get angry about you dating again.
    On the other hand enjoy! Dating is terrifying but so much fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

ThePancakeDrawer  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The 12 months you are talking about is to do with divorce and marrying again. You must be legally separated 12 months before filing for divorce . Once divorced you can marry straight away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Fellow separated mumma here- you can date while separated and in agreeance with meerkat it is a lot of fun the longer you're alone the more freedom and self discovery you will make too! I'm 12 months in and feel like a whole new person x

Good on you for choosing your own happiness and well being - PM me anytime!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

ThePancakeDrawer  (10-05-2015)