+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    .... I'm officially addicted... I did a count this morning..
    Lol, and the number is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Snowman View Post
    I have about 20 but I'm looking to expand...lol. I'm liking the look of baby bares silky bare. I also like the look of designer bums but I can't really justify $35 a nappy 😬
    I don't love the couple of designer bums I have. They may be different now - I bought them before DS1 was born so probably nearly 3 years ago now, but they are cotton on the outside and find they wick really easily when worn with clothes. I also find them a really small fit. There really cute tho!!

I have to many! Probably 50 or so. But I've had 2 in cloth for the past 10 months and will probably only have a short break before going back to having 2 in cloth (that is unless I end up with 3 in nappies but please please please cross everything for me that doesn't happen!)

I'm kind of missing my cloth at the moment, DS2 had an op on his willy 3 weeks ago and still needs emollient on it for another 3 weeks so can't use our cloth on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cloth Nappy Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    .... I'm officially addicted... I did a count this morning..
    How many??

I need to go through & cull mine, I have quite a few that I don't use. I'll have to go through all my smalls & meds for this baby soon too.

I've heard rave reviews about the designer bums but don't use them myself because I don't like OSFM with rise snaps so I use side snaps. Just found a new pattern that I like so I've got a couple more of those coming! I have teddy bares that I like but they leave red marks on DD's legs & I'm not sure if it's because the elastic is so tight & will loosen a little the more I use them or what..
    Last edited by TaylorMade; 11-08-2015 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone tell me how much you pay for bamboo inserts? I need to replace my microfiber with a slim fit option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wanting to pack DS nappies away for use for possible future babies. What would be best way to store them and anything I should do to them first before storing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    I am wanting to pack DS nappies away for use for possible future babies. What would be best way to store them and anything I should do to them first before storing?
    I give mine a soak in funk rock and put them in a vacuum storage bag. They keep really well as long as they are washed and really dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where can I start looking at cloth nappies? There seems to be so many acronyms and brands I'm confused!

Also are they as hard as everyone says? When I bring it up that I want to use them everyone laughs at me and says I won't last!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Where can I start looking at cloth nappies? There seems to be so many acronyms and brands I'm confused!

Also are they as hard as everyone says? When I bring it up that I want to use them everyone laughs at me and says I won't last!
    I'm the laziest laundry person ever and I love them for daytime use. We use 2 disposables a day.
    Join the mcn buy swap and sell pages on Facebook - heaps of people ask questions etc and you learn a lot. My advice? Don't invest a lot in one brand, buy a few brands second hand and try them once baby is here or join a nappy library. What I started out with is not what we are using now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (11-08-2015),Mrs Snowman  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post

People are so negative! Seriously it's not that big a deal. I do a pre wash with my nappies to wash off the poop then load up the machine with other stuff for a long wash. The hardest part is probably getting used to them and convincing your dp that they are a good idea.
    There's a great fb page called "MCN reviews" where you'll find info about all sorts of nappies (or you can ask here).
    The best thing I did was go to the baby expo in Melbourne last year. There were heaps of cloth nappy brands there so you could look and feel them. They all put on sales for the expo too. There are a lot of trial packs so you get say 3 nappies and a night booster to see if you like that particular brand before you commit to buying a huge stash that don't end up working for you. Different nappies fit different babies too which is something to keep in mind.
    Another great option is second hand nappies. Some of them are hardly used.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hey, tried finding a thread like this back when I started mcn.