+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PhD Mummas Unite!

So I've been really struck by how much of a relief it was to have group vent about the challenges of being a Phd Mumma. I want to hug you all!

It's a hard, long, stressful, conflicted, isolating road, for some fields of study more than others, and I'm not sure that there is much support for us IRL. Even if there was, we probably don't have the time to access it, which makes an online forum ideal.

I would love it if we could keep some kind of support going here. It would be great if everyone could share what they find helpful to keep going or manage the stress/guilt, particularly things that we could do for each other in this setting.

I find it helpful to be reminded to be gentle with myself and accept that some things have been out of my control in the journey to Phd Mumma, that I'm doing the best I can in this situation and 'good enough' IS enough these days. (Fertility issues brought forward my Phd plans resulting in a 'hey presto' Phd baby. This was not The Plan for little old me, who is very attachment-focused and always planned to stay home with Bub for the first few years. Cue internal conflict and guilt +++.)

Does anyone else have anything they can share that helps in those darker Phd Mumma moments?

Edited to remove a pic of a quote from a book for fear of copyright infringement! 😬
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ABigDeepBreath; 08-05-2015 at 20:24.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Pearlygirl  (08-05-2015)