+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default The Mandela Effect: Are you from an alternate reality?

Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Are there actually people who aren't MASH fans?!? 😮
    You mean there are people under the ago of 70 who ARE MASH fans? 😉😜

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (08-05-2015),almai  (09-05-2015),BettyV  (08-05-2015),btmacxxx  (08-05-2015),DT75  (08-05-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    My boss told me once it's a brain wiring thing where something happens to your brain to replay all the tiny snippets of time in your brain twice so you get that feeling of familiarity as your brain has already processed the moment and does it again. So perhaps this is all a variation of that?
    Yeah I've heard something similar to this about deja vu. There are two ways your brain can process images/events, the normal "slow" way and a faster understress/flight or fight way that helps you react fast in emergency situations. I think the idea of deja vu is that the fast way is triggered when it shouldn't or gets "short circuited" or something so essentially your brain processes the event twice, making you think it's happened before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Um, so I was pretty sure John Goodman was dead also and I KNOW it was the Berenstein bears..........

My siblings and I also remember events differently. I can't remember anything specific right now but we have argued before over things as all of us have different memories of the same events. When we ask mum for clarification she often has no idea what we are talking about...

As for de ja vu - I get it fairly regularly. I find it totally fascinating. This is a good piece on it. I saw a short video explaining it somewhere a few months ago but of course I can't find it now.

http://theconversation.com/explainer...t-happen-11355
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 08-05-2015 at 15:21.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (08-05-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    For me, with De Ja Vu I'm pretty sure I've dreamed of the incident before it actually happens. I see a lot of stuff in my dreams that I then see in real life, so it's not far fetched for me to believe I dream of snippets of the future. That would be a whole other thread though... and I know it makes no sense, and has no science to back it up...

But then again there is no science to back up everyone remembering Berenstein but not finding any physical evidence of it anywhere....

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Just fished this out off the bookshelf. A berenstEin (I wish) book published in 1973

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1431065158.608777.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    For me, with De Ja Vu I'm pretty sure I've dreamed of the incident before it actually happens. I see a lot of stuff in my dreams that I then see in real life, so it's not far fetched for me to believe I dream of snippets of the future. That would be a whole other thread though... and I know it makes no sense, and has no science to back it up...

But then again there is no science to back up everyone remembering Berenstein but not finding any physical evidence of it anywhere....
    I'm with you on that. I remember in high school - year 10 and I had a dream I was in a big group of kids in my year waiting to get on a bus to an excursion and a teacher who was a teacher in year 8 who had left the school was standing in front of us giving us instructions on what was going to happen on the excursion. I remember waking up thinking we don't have any excursions coming up and why was Mrs Sawyer there!?

Surely enough about a term later there we were waiting for a bus and there was Mrs Sawyer giving is instructions....

It was the start of me getting it quite regularly. I don't always remember it as dreams but it always feels like it was a long time in between seeing that situation and that situation happening.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (08-05-2015),RaraMum  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been thinking about this all day too, and reading all of the Mandela Effect and Glitch in the Matrix subreddits. For some reason I find this so much creepier than any horror/ghost/serial killer story I've ever read.

It's just so random and so specific, like why the name of a series of children's books of all things? Why aren't there other examples of people confusing "ei" with "ai" in words? And why are so, so many people so sure of this??

I'm sure I remember being confused about how to pronounce it as a child, whether it sounded like Berensteen or Berenstine, whereas Berenstain is easy to pronounce. And the biggest thing for me is that I have really strong colour-grapheme synaesthesia, I remember spelling by remembering the colour of words. Having a "a" in there completely changes the colour of the whole word, I have no idea how I could have made that mistake.

I don't really buy into the whole time shifting explanation (though I also have no proof that it isn't true!), but this is such an incredibly odd thing for hundreds? thousands? of people to get wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

I get this too! It's quite clear. I will have a dream and it feels a bit different to normal dreams then it could be weeks later and it will happen exactly the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    You mean there are people under the ago of 70 who ARE MASH fans? 😉😜
    I'm 25, so yes :P

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG every time I see John Goodman on tv or in a movie, I say to DH, 'isn't he dead?' I still get confused between him and John Candy. I've been at work all day missing out on this intriguing thread. Gonna check out the Mandela effect tonight.

And how could people not get sucked in by that MASH theme song? Getting tingles on my arms just thinking about it!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Are you not a fan of it? Because this will strain our friendship if you're not, I have to be honest...
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    Are you not a M*A*S*H fan??
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Are there actually people who aren't MASH fans?!? 😮
    I'm not NOT a MASH fan. I just don't get the love.

Am I safe now @Mod-Nomsie?

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I thought the same thing until I saw something with him in recently. Maybe we are thinking of the show Rosanne where he died in that?
    Dan dies???????

*whispers* I really, really don't like MASH.

I also have this thing where there are certain events in my life that I honestly don't know if they have happened or if I dreamed it. I always thought there must be something really wrong with me. I mean, there probably still is, but now I will call it the Mandela Effect 👍