+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I wish I never started reading.... Here's an example: WARNING please only read the following if you aren't easily freaked out.....

A SHARP BEND
    by reddit user pistacchio
    When I was like 10 or 11 I was going to the beach with my aunt and her friends. There were two cars of us. To get there we had to go through a very large industrial area. We didn’t know the direction, so our car was following the other. Suddenly, they did an unexpected turn and so our driver had to take a sharp bend.
    In that moment we heard a very clear, loud voice inside the car saying laughing “Sharp bend, hm?!”. The driver immediately hit the brakes. We looked at each other, puzzled: we all recognized it as a voice not belonging to any of us.
    In the very same time, we noticed that the other car has stopped as well. The other driver got out of the car with a scared face and shouted to us: “Did… did you hear that as well?”.
    They heard the very same thing inside their car. The area around was full deserted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gah, that really freaked me out A-Squared!
    I was sure with the dilemma thread that it was Berenstein, but then when I opened this thread Berenstain seems right, about to go google Mandela effect, but not sure that I should...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I read the Mandela effect web page and the one that really freaked me out was the chartreuse one. I swear I grew up thinking it was a red/magenta colour and so I was always confused when people were drinking Chartreuse that it was a yellow/green colour. Now it makes sense, but even less sense, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Which sense? Haha

I only ever knew chartreuse as greeny yellowy as I worked at freedom and the colour was very 'in' and was the first I ever heard it.

Little bugs mum if you read the Mandela effect page quoted in this thread, it's nothing like what I posted. I posted about a 'glitch in the matrix' which takes the whole idea of switching through a alternate realities and has people post their stories.

A glitch in the matrix is basically a suggested reason the Mandela effect happens. I see it happening because as humans were aren't perfect with perfect memories, and we also believe what we are told by our elders. If we were taught dilemna was the right spelling as a kid, who are we to question it? If our parents bought us a berenstain bear book but read it to is pronounced Betenstein, of course this will be our memory of it.

One term I've always gotten wrong is I thought it was Honky Dory!!! Oooops!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

almai  (10-05-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Mandela Effect: Are you from an alternate reality?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I see it happening because as humans were aren't perfect with perfect memories, and we also believe what we are told by our elders. If we were taught dilemna was the right spelling as a kid, who are we to question it? If our parents bought us a berenstain bear book but read it to is pronounced Betenstein, of course this will be our memory of it.

One term I've always gotten wrong is I thought it was Honky Dory!!! Oooops!
    ^^ This makes sense.

Also... It's not 'honky dory'??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its hunky dory isnt it?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (10-05-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

Little bugs mum if you read the Mandela effect page quoted in this thread, it's nothing like what I posted. I posted about a 'glitch in the matrix' which takes the whole idea of switching through a alternate realities and has people post their stories.

A glitch in the matrix is basically a suggested reason the Mandela effect happens. I see it happening because as humans were aren't perfect with perfect memories, and we also believe what we are told by our elders. If we were taught dilemna was the right spelling as a kid, who are we to question it? If our parents bought us a berenstain bear book but read it to is pronounced Betenstein, of course this will be our memory of it.
    !
    Thank goodness I only read the Mandela effect page last night, that freaked me out enough before bed! Although I think you're right, most of those can be explained, I think the Berenstein thing would have been our parents pronunciation when we hadn't learnt to read ourselves, so now you spell it as it was pronounced.
    However I am not going to Google 'glitch in the matrix' as I think reading too much of that might make my brain explode.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Its hunky dory isnt it?
    Yep! It's hunky.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    * shakes head * nope.... It's honky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I always thought it was hunky dory. 😜