+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thinking of you today @smugg mum. I completely understand how this feels. Please take care of yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @smugg mum thinking of you
    @Sally1981 how are you going?

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending much love light and strength. Life can be so cruel and unfair.. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoa- just stumbled across this thread and couldn't not leave a comment 😔 I hope all goes well today, well as best as it can be! Thinking of you! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry to read what you and the IP are going through. I have been following how amazing you are through your diary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry that you have to go through this and the IP's. I have been there too.

My son was diagnosed with this condition in a extremely severe form at 12 weeks, I had a cvs at 13 weeks as an enlarged bladder can be a risk factor for T18 and my risk was 1:2 T18 & 1:32 T21

My baby boy's cvs came back perfect but his bladder was growing larger every day, his kidneys were not developing or functioning as his bladder was a sealed unit. His heart and lungs were being compromised due to the bladder getting so large.

We had an option to drain his bladder weekly via a needle through my tummy into his tummy and bladder but foetal distress would be high ris. and the likely hood of survival to term, or surviving birth or surviving post birth was told to be non existent. The lovely foetal professor asked me some lovely questions about my thoughts on end of care, my expectations of management of this pregnancy and together we decided the pain of the procedures for our little boy with the fact he wouldn't make was to terminate at that stage.

My city would only induce me rather then perform a D&E so we gave birth to him at 15 weeks and found out later he was much sicker then we initial had been told he would not have survived to term in fact it was predicted he wouldn't have survived 20 weeks. The hospital arranged for our son to be cremated and the funeral home did this at NIL cost and we have his ashes in a gorgeous sterling silver box they gave us. Its been 2.5 years its been difficult to move on.

If you need to chat PM me x
    Last edited by Bellavista; 12-05-2015 at 12:07.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Glover  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
    I have been recovering at home & trying to forget about it, but it is extremely hard.
    As I walked in to the procedure room I burst into tears and felt the judgemental eyes of the RN assisting as she handed me the tissues. I felt awful, & I still do.
    I keep thinking that the foetus died in a terrible way, & that it was forcibly removed and died. And I can't get that out of my head that it is dead and it wasn't 48 hours ago. It was wriggling away and minding its own business.
    @Bellavista, I am so sorry for your loss.
    The baby's bladder was measuring 32×32×30, and a severe case was greater than 16mm, so I assume our cases were similar.
    My husband goes away for work at very short notice, so I wanted it all over whilst he was home to support me and take care of our children.
    We had a NIPT done at 10weeks which was a 1 in 10 000 risk for a chromosomal disorder, so we didn't think that the CVS would change the diagnosis for the foetus.
    I wish you lots of baby dust.
    Sarah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @smugg mum I really feel for you. I can't bear to put too much thought into the time I was induced as I get so upset. I had night terrors for 18 months after and then we had another IVF cycle I fell pregnant but miscarried at 11 weeks on what would have been the due date of our little boy. I was a wreck I felt that it was what I deserved for what I choose for our little boy it was a karmic pay back. 2 further IVF cycles and no pregnancy for us since. We have 3 frozen embryos once we use them we are done we don't have any emotional reserve left to continue this journey.

My husband and I talked about it all recently and we actually feel more sad, hurt, confused, angry and more grief now then at the time. At the time we were in shock denial and very anxious but we felt we got that far once we can do it again. Now we are facing the end of the line we are gutted by it all we feel it more every month that passes that we still haven't got our rainbow baby. For us time has made diagnosis and termination and loss much more significant. All our family think the more time that passes the easier it should be and in fact asked us if we were over it yet. Its harder right now we are hoping once we close the door on TTC it might be easier to accept and move on entirely.

I had acupuncture the entire way through IVF cycle and the pregnancy the lady told me to see a doctor that my bladder and kidneys weren't functioning properly I was 10 weeks pregnant when she said that to me and 3 weeks later we found out it wasn't me but the sweet baby with the bladder and kidney issue.

I am sending huge virtual hugs. I hope your getting as much support as you need. I hope your IP's are ok and coping as best they can. I feel for you all so so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smugg mum View Post
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
    I have been recovering at home & trying to forget about it, but it is extremely hard.
    As I walked in to the procedure room I burst into tears and felt the judgemental eyes of the RN assisting as she handed me the tissues. I felt awful, & I still do.
    I keep thinking that the foetus died in a terrible way, & that it was forcibly removed and died. And I can't get that out of my head that it is dead and it wasn't 48 hours ago. It was wriggling away and minding its own business.
    @Bellavista, I am so sorry for your loss.
    The baby's bladder was measuring 32×32×30, and a severe case was greater than 16mm, so I assume our cases were similar.
    My husband goes away for work at very short notice, so I wanted it all over whilst he was home to support me and take care of our children.
    We had a NIPT done at 10weeks which was a 1 in 10 000 risk for a chromosomal disorder, so we didn't think that the CVS would change the diagnosis for the foetus.
    I wish you lots of baby dust.
    Sarah.
    Oh hon, I felt (and still feel) all of these things and I was induced. I'm tortured by it. What you're describing would have resulted in a very painful and very short life, if any life at all. You took the baby's pain so they didn't have to feel it. The baby would have felt nothing. You all made the best decision you could xx