+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an early induction at 16w gestation as my baby was deemed 'incompatible with life' I gave birth naturally and it was a horrifically sad and lonely time of my life.
    All I can say is have lots of counselling before and after, for you and the IP and have lots of support around you.
    You are a wonderful person doing a wonderful thing and unfortunately life is cruel sometimes and throws horrible life lessons at you.
    Don't try to wreck your brain wondering 'why'.
    Be kind to yourself in the coming weeks.
    Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (12-05-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. I am so sorry you are all going through this

4. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (12-05-2015)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Couldn't read and run.
    I can't begin to imagine what a hard time you are having.
    Please be kind to yourself x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and run either. I am so sorry. It's a wonderful thing you are doing and I'm sorry it has ended this way. Be kind to yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hon I'm so sorry. We made the same decision at 22 weeks, although our condition was unable to be diagnosed. It's likely to be a d&e, which I've heard is similar to a d&c. If so it'll be over and done very quickly, and then you can start the emotional healing xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you and the IP at this sad time. Sadly it's far more common than you think. It's a taboo topic so people don't talk about it, but that adds to the feeling of isolation when it affects your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I feel extremely lost as I feel so sad for this little life that I am growing, that is moving around inside of my uterus and making me vomit. I want to explain to the baby why this is the best option for it, & all I can say to it is that I am so so sorry.
    I have my husband and my 2 children to hug and kiss, & my IP's only have each other. They are supposed to be getting excited about a new life, & I am supposed to be getting cross with foetus for making me still vomit.
    We have a plan though. On Monday when I 13+1 the baby will have its last moments with me. I would give so much to not have to be in this situation, but there is nothing we could do to change or have prevented this situation.
    We enquired at the hospital about the procedure being performed there, but unless we have a CVS, then they are not legally allowed to perform the procedure, which I completely understand as it is illegal to perform in QLD unless under certain situations. I absolutely understand this, I think it sucks, but we have the option of a clinic, so it is best for all involved, especially before the brain develops anymore.

Thank you everyone for your responses. It means a lot to know that people are out there and support and not judging me for not wanting to put the baby and myself in more harm when the baby passes in utero.
    Thanks again.
    Sarah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Medical Termination

You and the IP will be in my thoughts on Monday. It won't be easy, but I hope the procedure goes smoothly. Such a sad time for you all. I hope you are all getting the support you need and deserve. I am sending you all "virtual bear hugs". And whilst we are strangers, please know that there are people who care. Please be kind to yourself in the coming weeks and months.