+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd year Student Midwife Seeking Melbourne Mums!

Hi ladies!
    Firstly, congratulations!
    I am a 3rd year nursing & midwifery student located in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne looking for pregnant women who may be open to a follow-through (continuity of care) experience!
    In short, this is a teaching/learning strategy where a student midwife follows a woman through her pregnancy, labour, birth and post natal period in a partnership approach.
    Care from doctors/midwives remains the same at this time.

I will be there as an extra support to help with anything whether it be reassurance or doing some research!
    We try to be there every step of the way (of course within the limits you and your family are comfortable with.) Ideally, as much as we can we attend your antenatal appointments, scans, labour, birth and are involved in whatever comes in your post natal period up until bub is about 6wks.

I have already completed two experiences and was lucky enough to build a lovely rapport with two women and be there for the labour & births of their two babies. Being a part of their experiences was an absolute privilege and I know both have found it a very positive experience. In addition, both women have provided me with glowing references to provide to future women.

All the best & look forward to hearing from you,
    I am happy to hear from women all over metro Melbourne!
    B.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi CodieBloom

Quote Originally Posted by CodieBloom View Post
    Hi ladies!
    Firstly, congratulations!
    I am a 3rd year nursing & midwifery student located in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne looking for pregnant women who may be open to a follow-through (continuity of care) experience!
    In short, this is a teaching/learning strategy where a student midwife follows a woman through her pregnancy, labour, birth and post natal period in a partnership approach.
    Care from doctors/midwives remains the same at this time.

I will be there as an extra support to help with anything whether it be reassurance or doing some research!
    We try to be there every step of the way (of course within the limits you and your family are comfortable with.) Ideally, as much as we can we attend your antenatal appointments, scans, labour, birth and are involved in whatever comes in your post natal period up until bub is about 6wks.

I have already completed two experiences and was lucky enough to build a lovely rapport with two women and be there for the labour & births of their two babies. Being a part of their experiences was an absolute privilege and I know both have found it a very positive experience. In addition, both women have provided me with glowing references to provide to future women.

All the best & look forward to hearing from you,
    I am happy to hear from women all over metro Melbourne!
    B.
    ---------------
    Hi CodieBloom, if you're still looking for people, I might be interested. I'm only early days (blood test) confirmed so not sure if too early for you at this stage (approx 5 weeks), the GP doesn't want to see me again for 6-8 weeks if it doesn't mc. This will be my first and I'm not really sure what to even tell you, haha. I'm 33, with PCOS, and didn't expect this to even be possible. My other half has panicked, so I'll be doing this on my own.
    If you would like to chat further can you please share an email address for one-to-one conversation?
    Thanks!
    KK

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd year Student Midwife Seeking Melbourne Mums!

Hi KK,
    I have just tried to pm you but it won't let me!
    My email is {deleted}
    (I'll delete this post when I hear from you, haha!)
    I wrote a long message but we'll talk over email!
    Last edited by CodieBloom; 29-06-2015 at 16:13.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CodieBloom For This Useful Post:

kkmelb  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Contact details received

Hi CodieBloom,
    I've jotted your email down. I'll be in contact direct. Thanks, KKMelb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CodieBloom,

We might be interested in having a student midwife - we are not quite sure yet but we are big supporters of midwifery-led birth so would love to meet you and see how things go.

I am 19+1 weeks in to my second pregnancy and am birthing at Box Hill, so we are in the same neck of the woods. Would you like to have a coffee together to discuss further? (And by 'coffee' I possibly mean a fractured conversation while our toddler interrupts us and plays noisy iPad games!).

If you wouldn't mind posting your email again I'll write directly; otherwise I think I can receive PMs on here too.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Cheers,
    Rachel

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ have PMd you

Please delete thread as no longer needed. Ta