+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezza511 View Post
    Hearing in the microwave can cause hot spots as pp stated, however these hot spots can damage the actual formula. It is best to take the powder in a container measured out, and then just heat the water in the micro and then add the formula.
    This is what we did.
    Formula in a dispenser (like $5 at Big W) and water in bottles. Heat water in microwave. Add formula. Shake. Done

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warming formula when out

I used to take 2 bottles in insulated bottle bags, one hot and one cold. Then if the hot one was too hot I'd add the cold water until it was the right temp and then add the formula. It worked really well. Most of the time the hot water bottle would be right on perfect by the time I had to feed him anyway. If he needed 2 feeds I would heat the cold water in the microwave, then add the formula.

Eta, formula dispenser was $4, avent bottle bags were $20ish back then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not that it really matters as he's 10 months old, but it's better to just make the formula up as needed, ie take/heat water and powder in dispenser as people have suggested to avoid risk of bacteria growing in nice warm milk if left made up for too long. (I think it's recommend to use made up formula within 2 hours).
    As people have said avent milk dispensers are good, or if you use tommee tippee bottles you can get small containers that fit inside bottle even once filled with water. Great for saving space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    if you are at a cafe etc you can ask for a jug of hot water, some parents rooms have bottle warmers, or i used to take a thermos of hot water and put it in there ... things may be different now though ... my experiences are 20 years old
    They will no longer do this at cafés unfortunately

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We fill DDs bottle up to 180mL then add the extra 60mL of boiling water as we need it. Its sooo much easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? I get hot water at cafes all the time. I think they often dont like to heat a bottlr for you incase it gets too hot and you sue them, but they will give you hot water to put into a bottle yourself usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    They will no longer do this at cafés unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warming formula when out

I agree with warming the water first and adding formula powder when you're ready to feed. I either used boiling water mixed with the cooled water so that it's warm and use a b-box bottle that has a container for the powder attached or just use a separate formula container. They also sell portable bottle warmers - the one I have is a gel pack that has a metal disk. When you bend the disk, the gel heats up. It's magic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Really? I get hot water at cafes all the time. I think they often dont like to heat a bottlr for you incase it gets too hot and you sue them, but they will give you hot water to put into a bottle yourself usually.
    Every cafe I've been to here won't do it anymore. They won't even put just the water in the microwave. They direct you to the closest parents room whether your a customer or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always took a bottle part way full with cool water, formula dispenser and got hot water from a cafe etc

If we werent going near a cafe i used a small thermos (drink bottle size)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only use a micro if babies are screaming lol otherwise i sit the bottle in boiled water while i change bub. I cant wait till i get them only room temp but its too cold overnight at the moment.