+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    @2girafes what brand? I need to give him a dairy free one as he's CMPI.

I take one and I'm breastfeeding him, I wonder if he's not getting much of that benefit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    @2girafes what brand? I need to give him a dairy free one as he's CMPI.

I take one and I'm breastfeeding him, I wonder if he's not getting much of that benefit.
    Brand is 'life space'. Called 'Probiotic Powder for Baby'. Can't find it in all chemists though but it was the first one I tried so don't want to risk trying another brand.

Says on the label free from dairy, gluten, egg, colours, flavours or preservatives. Doesn't need to be refrigerated.

I started with 2 scoops a day (2g) but after a few weeks dropped to 1 scoop (1g) and have had no problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

Also in people's experience how long do their little bodies take to get used to digesting food? I never had these issues with DD.
    I don't know how mobile your ds is but I've noticed again that being on the move seems to have coincided with things getting better. He is commando crawling everywhere since 2wks ago and *touch wood* he hasn't had too many problems. I guess like us and excercise, moving has the same effect for bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd is on a probiotic as well. It's called baby biotics. I mainly started it to help her gut flora after a course of antibiotics but I've heard they can be helpful for other digestive issues. I also give dd sheep's yoghurt which has natural probiotics but I don't know if that's a no no for cmpi?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2giraffes View Post
    Brand is 'life space'. Called 'Probiotic Powder for Baby'. Can't find it in all chemists though but it was the first one I tried so don't want to risk trying another brand.

Says on the label free from dairy, gluten, egg, colours, flavours or preservatives. Doesn't need to be refrigerated.

I started with 2 scoops a day (2g) but after a few weeks dropped to 1 scoop (1g) and have had no problems.
    Thank you. I tried one chemist and they didn't have it but Terry White does apparently so I'll try there.

Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I don't know how mobile your ds is but I've noticed again that being on the move seems to have coincided with things getting better. He is commando crawling everywhere since 2wks ago and *touch wood* he hasn't had too many problems. I guess like us and excercise, moving has the same effect for bubs
    He isn't mobile, just rolls from back to tummy and 8 times out of 10 just cries as he can't get back haha. That's a good point you make though, hopefully he gets moving a bit more soon.

I have him a glycerin suppository which worked a treat but I've also bought some coloxyl drops just in case. I also bought some dried prunes so I'm off to check out a recipe for purring them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Dd is on a probiotic as well. It's called baby biotics. I mainly started it to help her gut flora after a course of antibiotics but I've heard they can be helpful for other digestive issues. I also give dd sheep's yoghurt which has natural probiotics but I don't know if that's a no no for cmpi?
    Yeah goat is unfortunately as it contains the same protein as cows milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thinking- could you give him a clean, wet flannel to suck the water out of? Or a syringe or drops from your finger?

All the 'p' foods are supposed to help with constipation... And stone fruits. I give DD apricot and/ or pear with every meal to keep things moving, and make sure I keep up bf's during the day. She is mostly on finger foods (we are doing BLW), but I do give her the apricot and pear on a spoon. We use the tinned pie apricots. I gave DS prunes- put in a pan with a bit of water and simmered and then puréed.

She just went a whole week without a poo.... Let's just say the outcome required a bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default 7 month old constipated

I offer mostly pears apricot pumpkin and sweet potato. I've tried small bits of apple banana and other veg purées but given his issues I've mainly stuck to the first 4 I mentioned.

Thanks for the info on prunes and I will definitely try the flannel idea too

And oh my! Re: her poop! Poor you! Must have been a relief for her though! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    With the prunes, all I would do is soak them in warm water for a while to soften them and then purée them with some water added (just to loosen the mix a bit) and then add it to some puréed pear.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    With the prunes, all I would do is soak them in warm water for a while to soften them and then purée them with some water added (just to loosen the mix a bit) and then add it to some puréed pear.
    I didn't realise they would soften up that much.

So I gave him the suppository which in the past has worked instantly. Well about 5 hours later this time he did quite softer than usual poo. Then 1 hour later..... We just had a poopy splosion!

So I'm now wondering if it was the bran or the suppository? Unless the suppository cleared the backed up bit and the bran softened the rest that came out after?