+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TOilet training - what do you do when they won't sit on the toilet?

My daughter is 2 and today is day 6 of toilet training. She's doing about 75% of her wees in the toilet and even a few poos. Last night, she was passing wind and trying to hide so I knew a poo was imminent, but she wouldn't sit on the toilet. I wasn't going to force her so kept reminding her how happy it would make me if she did a poo on the toilet, how we could ring nanny to tell her she did a poo, she'd be a big girl like mummy and she could have a lolly, but she kept refusing. 5 minutes later, she has pooed her pants.

Any tips on what I should do if this happens again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Read her a book on the loo.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following as I have my neArky 3 yr old not going and still in nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nearly 4 year old won't poo on the toilet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 is still pretty young. I'd just keep up the encouragement but not push things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Read her a book on the loo.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    We have about 20 books next to the toilet and have told her a billion stories while she sits there. She's fine at sitting on the toilet, I think it was because she knew a poo was coming, that's what changed things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    We have about 20 books next to the toilet and have told her a billion stories while she sits there. She's fine at sitting on the toilet, I think it was because she knew a poo was coming, that's what changed things.
    I used lots of enticement to keep my two on the loo when they were pooping in the beginning. Singing, dancing, reading books, special toys just for the loo etc.

Just make sure they aren't constipated first. Then it can get distressing for them. Mine were on a high cabbage diet for 2 weeks as I sorted out the poo issue. They were 14mths and 18mths old respectively.