+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked
    3,838
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

    Default (Fluff) I bet you didn't know...

    In the event you are in a car accident, apologizing or admitting it was, or may have been your fault can void your insurance coverage.

    http://rac.com.au/insurance/tips/fac...er-a-car-crash

    I have had this little bit of information stuck in my head for a while and it bothers me but I thought many people may not know and it was worth a share. So that seemingly rude "c"word person who may have caused or been at fault in an accident or even a fatality may not actually have been rude for not apologising after all.

    Anyway.. What useful piece of information do you know that many others may not?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    1,303
    Thanked
    2,569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    In the event you are in a car accident, apologizing or admitting it was, or may have been your fault can void your insurance coverage.

    http://rac.com.au/insurance/tips/fac...er-a-car-crash

    I have had this little bit of information stuck in my head for a while and it bothers me but I thought many people may not know and it was worth a share. So that seemingly rude "c"word person who may have caused or been at fault in an accident or even a fatality may not actually have been rude for not apologising after all.

    Anyway.. What useful piece of information do you know that many others may not?
    I thought not admitting fault was common knowledge. Maybe not!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-05-2015),LaDiDah  (06-05-2015)

  4. #3
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,815
    Thanks
    6,775
    Thanked
    3,407
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I didn't know that! Thanks

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-05-2015)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked
    3,838
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I thought not admitting fault was common knowledge. Maybe not!
    I think for some, myself included I would assume, it is almost second nature to profusely apologize if one were to be the cause of a car accident, even a minor one. The amount of times I have been rear ended (shut up @harvs, @Mokeybear and @~Marigold~) (at least 6 times, once when I wasn't even driving or in the car, and no I wasn't heavy on the brake either) and had the other person apologise for not paying attention is quite astounding really.

    It makes sense not to admit fault but I would feel so horrible and rude to not be able to acknowledge my role in the accident.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (07-05-2015)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I did not know that, thanks. I would find it hard to not apologise if I was at fault.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-05-2015)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    672
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Working in the insurance industry I always found this clause stupid. It's basic human nature to acknowledge wrongdoing and apologize in these situations.

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-05-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (06-05-2015)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,457
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked
    1,049
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did know this, though the one time I did bump someone else's car I couldn't stop myself from apologising. I wouldn't be able to pretend it wasn't my fault when I knew it was.

    Though as far as I'm aware, apologising when you've rear ended someone wouldn't matter, because you're at fault no matter what. If you've hit the back of someone, you were either too close, or not paying attention. Automatically your fault.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

    DesperatelySeekingSleep  (06-05-2015)

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    672
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    I did know this, though the one time I did bump someone else's car I couldn't stop myself from apologising. I wouldn't be able to pretend it wasn't my fault when I knew it was.

    Though as far as I'm aware, apologising when you've rear ended someone wouldn't matter, because you're at fault no matter what. If you've hit the back of someone, you were either too close, or not paying attention. Automatically your fault.
    Unfortunately it is usually always the car at the rear of the accident that is at fault unless proven otherwise. Even in a multi vehicle pile up its always the guy at the very end who's insurance cops it.

    I once had a client involved in a pile up on the freeway in fog. He was the last of 12 cars in this pile up, he literally had no where to go and because he was the rear vehicle he had a $500k insurance claim on his record. Became almost uninsurable

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  15. #9
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks
    6,239
    Thanked
    15,894
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

    Default (Fluff) I bet you didn't know...

    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I think for some, myself included I would assume, it is almost second nature to profusely apologize if one were to be the cause of a car accident, even a minor one. The amount of times I have been rear ended (shut up @harvs, @Mokeybear and @~Marigold~) (at least 6 times, once when I wasn't even driving or in the car, and no I wasn't heavy on the brake either) and had the other person apologise for not paying attention is quite astounding really.

    It makes sense not to admit fault but I would feel so horrible and rude to not be able to acknowledge my role in the accident.
    What do you mean you were rear ended when you weren't in the car? You were hit by a car??! When was this?

    ETA oh you probably mean your car was parked or something?

    *embarrassed*

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Just adding to this, did you know that it is illegal to reverse out of your driveway. Another random fact you carry more germs with wet hands rather than dry. I love random facts 😃


 

Similar Threads

  1. Fluff
    By RuffledPansy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26-09-2014, 17:43
  2. Fluff
    By DesperatelySeekingSleep in forum Games & fun stuff
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 23:26
  3. So what are you doing? Fluff thread.
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 19:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!