+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There is so much loss and pain in this thread.

I think it shows there really needs to be more sensitivity around Mother's Day.

Love to all.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlayNice For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (11-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    @PlayNice it hurts my heart to see you in so much pain.
    I am fortunate enough to have lived quite a privileged life in a loving family and I have barely known death. I am indeed lucky.
    In 2009 we celebrated our first Mother's Day as mothers ourselves together. I was devastated that my df did not even acknowledge me on the day and didn't go to any effort despite me parenting his 7 month old twins mostly by myself. I came online and I vented. And you listened.
    Not only did you listen, but you picked up his slack. You showered me with gifts and love.
    Back then I was astounded, today as I write I am doubly so. I had no idea back then of what you had suffered through in your childhood. For me, I was venting in a safe space, knowing that I would get some responses that would cheer me up. You, with your own issues to deal with, went above and beyond.
    Despite of- or maybe even because of- everything that you have been through you have turned out to be a selfless and thoughtful human being. Your children are very lucky to call you "mother" and I know- as I'm sure they do- that you would go to the ends of the earth and back for them.

Your mother may not have been a very good influence on your young life at all, but holy sh!t you turned out to be a bloody excellent one yourself. Celebrate that on Sunday.

Xx

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

harvs  (06-05-2015),Lincolns mummy  (06-05-2015),LoveLivesHere  (06-05-2015),PlayNice  (06-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015),summastarlet  (06-05-2015),SuperGranny  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Makes me so sad to read this thread and hear about so much pain. I want to send each of you a massive hug, and extend so much love to any of you that may be feeling sadness this Mother's Day. xx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

PlayNice  (06-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015),SuperGranny  (08-05-2015)

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Noms hugs x 1000

Thank you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PlayNice For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skyler, my grief on mother's day is more like yours. After years of ttc, and supporting lots of friends through their pregnancies, getting excited with them as we were cycling together, then watching them have their first, second, even fourth babies during this time, we finally had to face the reality that we'll never be parents. So from then, mother's day has been a very tough reminder. This year has been even worse. My sister just had her first baby 3 weeks ago (she never really wanted kids until now) and my cousin had her first 2 weeks ago. So while they celebrate their day being first time mums, I try to put on the smile and get through it - for my Mum's sake.
    So while I haven't had to deal withthe same heartache that many of you have, I still find mother's day to be the hardest day of the year. Everywhere you look there's something or someone reminding you that women are meant to be mums.