+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone

I'm back at his unit now, before I left he woke up fully, my heart broke because he was trying to tell me something when he woke, he couldn't because of the tube down his throat. I kept having to tell him not to talk and just relax and the tube was coming out soon. He looked so desperate 😢 finally tube came out and he said there was something stuck in his throat, which the nurse said was just because he had the tube in and that it would settle.

He kept looking at me, he seemed like he understood what had happened and that I was there etc. think he felt better that I was there? I'm not sure.

I told him if he wants me to come back during the night then just tell the nurse to call me.

Don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight anyway, even though I'm so exhausted 😥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey SAgirl, have been thinking of you and was pleased to hear all went well with your Dad. I hope today is a better day for you and that your Dad continues to recover well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Hey SAgirl, have been thinking of you and was pleased to hear all went well with your Dad. I hope today is a better day for you and that your Dad continues to recover well.
    Thank you

He's sitting up, talking, had a walk and some food. Moving to the ward soon. He's very tired.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

michellek  (07-05-2015),Mod-Uniquey  (07-05-2015),SuperGranny  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Thank you

He's sitting up, talking, had a walk and some food. Moving to the ward soon. He's very tired.
    That is great to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you

He will be tired, as long as he keeps resting that's the main thing. Thanks for the update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm happy to read your updated posts. Sounds like the surgery went well. Take care of yourself xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    I'm happy to read your updated posts. Sounds like the surgery went well. Take care of yourself xxx
    How did your mums surgery go? Hope it all went well, how are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did your mums surgery go? Hope it all went well, how are you?
    The neurosurgeon said they got about 50%. An uneventful op which is what you want. Had a small visit in ICU. Poor mum's foot is spasming, which is painful, she looks like death, her head is weeping a bit and she had trouble speaking but she was still cracking jokes. God love her. Thanks for asking. I was just thankful she woke up-anything else is a bonus

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    The neurosurgeon said they got about 50%. An uneventful op which is what you want. Had a small visit in ICU. Poor mum's foot is spasming, which is painful, she looks like death, her head is weeping a bit and she had trouble speaking but she was still cracking jokes. God love her. Thanks for asking. I was just thankful she woke up-anything else is a bonus
    Glad she was in good spirits. Hope you are coping ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fantastic news!!