+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope I haven't and wouldn't. I understand peoples thought process when they say birthays, easter, christmas etc are "just another day" and we can do the special things we do on those days any day, but we don't feel that way in our house. We love any excuse to celebrate and make each other feel loved an important. All of those days are very important to all of us, and I'd never want to be away from my family on any of those days. Now valentines day I really couldn't care less about and never have... BUT my eldest (5) this year was really excited about valentines day and making a card for me at school and stuff, so I guess I'll have to get into that one too

I also haven't cared about my own birthday for a very long time, and never bothered to celebrate it before I had kids, but now my birthday is very important to my kids, so we celebrat. Just with a cake and stuff and they get to buy me some token gift because it's important to them.
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 06-05-2015 at 14:17.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, and while I won't see the kids in the morning this year we are cutting our weekend away short in order to spend time with them as well as both our mothers. Hubby booked us Fri and Sat night away without realising and its a 3 hour drive so we will prob be home by around lunch time.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Havent, but this year im spending 3 hours away from them while i go and see the kurt cobain doco at the cinemas. Its only showing for 4 days and that day was the only possibility for me.

I dont feel bad. My kids dont give a crap about much at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Yes but it wasn't by choice. Ex FOB would stop me from seeing DS1 if Mother's Day fell on his weekend (we had court orders but he ignored them). It is still a very painful memory for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not by choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't do the whole day I don't think, but last year my Mother's Day present to myself was sending DS1 to spend the night at my mum's. It works for everyone because my mum worships the ground my children walk / roll on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am about to do this. We booked a weekend away ages ago for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and only realised a month ago that it was Mother's Day. I will see them in the afternoon but they will be spoiling Grandma instead (my Mum) I did say to my Mum that we would cancel if she wanted us to but she insisted that we go (Hubby and I don't get much alone time with 4 kids and 15 years is quite an achievement afterall)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. I spend the morning with them but DH takes them with him when he sees his mum and I go and visit my mum. I don't want to have to run around after them, breaking up fights, changing nappies while he kicks back having lunch with his parents. It's one of the few days a year I can be selfish without guilt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No.