+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to educate about bullying...

Hi mums and dads!

My DD starts prep next year *squeee*!

I love the school, I am so excited.

However, having been bullied a lot myself in Primary school and in to high school, I'm wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to how to educate about bullying.

My DD and I already have quite a mature bond, she talks to me about anything and everything but I know things can change over time. My biggest fear smit her going to school is her being bullied, let alone my not knowing it.

What are some warning signs and if she does get bullied and tells me, what action do I take? Obviously I'd talk to the teacher but if nothing is done I'm not just going to let it go either.

What is some advice I could tell her to deal with potential bullying?

Thanks if you got all the way through this. I'm going to speak to her kindy teacher today as well and see if she has any tips, but I know when I wad being bullied, heading things like "sticks and stones" and "just ignore it" never really helped. We have a kid down the road (6yo)who is really awful to the girl next door (3yo) whenever all three girls play together (saying things like "You like me better than *** don't you" and excluding the other girl, and I explained to DD that girls like that don't make good friends and you should always stick up for your friends if someone is being mean to them, and she did which is great.

Anyway sorry about the rant!

TL/DR: Advice wanted on how to educate about and deal with bullying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd look into building your child's resilience. There's a program called "fun friends". I think it's for 4-7yr olds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Mamasupial!

I've just sent them an email!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CommunityGeek For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunityGeek View Post
    Thank you Mamasupial!

I've just sent them an email!
    Most welcome