Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mumski11 View Post
    Hi. Not good I'm afraid. Going by lmp I should have been 6 weeks on the dot but they couldn't see anything really said it wasn't even 4 weeks of growth so I went for bloods which my GP had given me before I booked the scan and got the results tonight. Hcg should have been 12000 is but was only 2100. All over so I'm off to the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow morning.
    Did your GP tell you to expect to miscarry because of your Hcg? You're still within range for 6 weeks and for many on the hub 6 weeks is too early to see anything in a scan and they say 7 weeks + is best. Are they going to check your hcg again in a couple days to see if it's doubled or gone down?
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 17-12-2015 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumski11 View Post
    Hi. Not good I'm afraid. Going by lmp I should have been 6 weeks on the dot but they couldn't see anything really said it wasn't even 4 weeks of growth so I went for bloods which my GP had given me before I booked the scan and got the results tonight. Hcg should have been 12000 is but was only 2100. All over so I'm off to the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow morning.
    How did you go mumski? I've been thinking about you. I'm hoping your dates were out but I understand it wasn't looking good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you new year brings lots of joy and happiness .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hope its ok if I join.
    I haven't had a miscarriage before, however I lost my daughter at 38 + 2 in July, 2014 due to a cord accident and just found out I am pregnant again which was a bit of a shock. After 8 faintish to medium strength lines I tried a digital again today after getting a "not pregnant" a couple of days ago and this time got a "+". According to the due date calculator I am 4 + 6, and feeling incredibly nervous. My Doctor isn't back at work until next Monday and I am driving myself insane googling. I have a son who is 5 in January and would love for him to have a living sibling, as he was so looking forward to his sister's arrival, but I'm hesitant to get too excited as I'm sure you all understand.
    Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their pregnancies as much as is possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Tainted! Congrats on your positive test and looking forward to going through the (hopefully) 40 week wait with you.

I'm (hopefully) 22 weeks tomorrow. In June last year I had a mmc at 8 weeks then a termination for medical reasons at 22 weeks in March that resulted in our beautiful DS2. He simply stopped growing and no one really knows why. Of course I'm pretty much assuming it will happen again but I'm also assuming that everyone else on this thread will have a gorgeous take home Bub at the end of this.

Are they monitoring you more heavily this time round?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sally! I'm so sorry for your losses. I cannot image how difficult it would be to have no explanation.

I can relate to expecting the same outcome, even before I fell pregnant I've had recurring dreams of being pregnant and losing the baby at pretty much every gestation possible.

I have to wait to see my GP next week, but from 7 weeks I will be monitored my the Foetal Medicine Unit at the hospital where I learnt my daughter was gone, and where she was born. Unfortunately we only have one hospital where I live with a FMU so not sure how I'll go being back there, provided bub stays put until then. Apparently because E died from a cord accident, any subsequent pregnancies they will pay close attention to the cord position, though I must say I wish that was standard in all pregnancies and that parents didn't need to lose a child until it became practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tainted
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm sorry for you and your families loss - such a tradegy. I admire your strength to keep going.
    Good luck for your upcoming doctors appointment. I am a similar gestation.

I'm 8+2/40 (8 weeks plus two days ) today and am sitting here waiting for my viability scan- the doctor is two hours late! I am suffering terribly from hyperemesis and on regular ondansetron presently so I suspect whilst I feel so poorly that everything is ok. I am constantly sick and makes it hard to look after my two other children aged 6 and 2.

My biggest wait is for the NIPT testing now ... I have an appointment for this on 10th January . My biggest risk this pregnancy is Down's syndrome given my age.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Xmas and that 2016 will bring us all healthy happy babies. 🍼

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, and so great to see you in here tainted! You'll find many of us in the same boat as you with our thoughts and fears. Sorry to hear you're so unwell Gampa, I'm 18 weeks now and still vomiting, and sleeping horribly. I had it with DS but so, so much harder coping with an active toddler. I heard DH telling somebody it's good because it's reassuring, 5 mins later I threw up my Christmas dinner, so easy for the person not throwing up their meals to say! I did find it reassuring in the beginning but it's a bit old at 18 weeks in. I long to brush my teeth and not throw up immediately after meaning I need to brush again and repeat 😞.

I'm starting to feel some movements, some days quite a bit of popcorn and butterflies and other days nothing at all. I know that's normal until he gets bigger but I hate those days.

I'm opening up, or accepting more that it's a boy now, although I still feel up in the air and try not to think about it that much as I feel I need the 20 week scan to confirm it. Even though I saw the little scrotum at the last scan the sonographer saying it was a girl first just has me not confident at all about what to expect.

I spoke to the head midwife of my team at the hospital about how I felt about the last scan and that I wanted to have 20 weeks elsewhere. She's refunded the cost of the 16 week scan, still wants me to have 20 weeks with them but at least if I feel unsettled still afterwards we have that extra money to do another scan where I would like.

How is everyone else doing?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im glad they gave you a refund Holly. I was so angry on your behalf when I read about that scan!

When is the morph scan.

My next growth scan is on 7/1. Nervous!