+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the understanding ladies.💛

Gampa, we have a living 22 month old boy. We always said we only wanted two *living* children and financially I think that's more realistic to us in terms of the lifestyle we hope for. This is my 5th pregnancy and I really have no desire right now to be pregnant again, emotionally and physically is just so hard. I've been really unwell with vomiting most of my pregnancies and this time around has been particularly hard, I assume because I have a toddler to keep up with, so really no desire to be doing this again with two children to manage! I know things change but DH and I have already discussed him having a vasectomy and I have even said that if we lost this pregnancy I wouldn't want to try again. I'm just so drained.

Sally, I could change our care plan but it'd be SO much more expensive. We're going privately in the UK and although we have international insurance cover for maternity care we would still be out of pocket quite a bit because OB fees are insane here. For DS it wasn't too much of an issue because we didn't get here until 25 weeks so OB fees were reduced and we'd already done a lot of the costly stuff in Melbourne. Starting from day dot here with insurance having to cover everything and NHS not supplementing any cost makes it's a lot more. I chose the midwife-led package at the private maternity hospital because everything was included (ante-natal care, birth, scans--12,20&32 weeks, blood tests etc., a private OB overseas your care) and we wouldn't be out of pocket. DH said he was ok with me going private OB but I feel bad about how much my anxiety costs us so I was/am trying to go easy on him. I just feel like this care plan is really dropping the ball, that they are not thorough at all and it's freaking me out. We watched DS1's 16 week anatomy scan last night, I was worried I was imagining the difference in scans. The difference was laughable. A DVD covering every inch of DS1 with a dr explaining every single thing they were seeing, brain, kidneys, absolutely everything.

I think I'm going to call them when I've mellowed out and ask if they can include this 16 week scan as my 'second' scan in our fee (so what should have been our 20 week that was included) and I'll arrange my 20 week scan at my preferred diagnostic place. I've had two scans with them now and don't feel reassured at all so feel it's best for my anxiety for me to go elsewhere for this scan. I'll explain about the **** up of booking me for a growth scan to check my cervix when that wasn't the issue in my loss and how I would have declined this scan and booked elsewhere had I known they weren't doing an anatomy scan and we were paying for it.

As far the gender...😞. I'm hoping I'll mellow in a few days. Like Sally said this had triggered a huge feeling of feeling like I've lost our daughter all over again. It was her anniversary on Saturday so I'm sure that's not helping.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've read through most post so wanted to give everyone a huge hug first off. You've all been through so much.

I had a miscarriage in May. I feel funny saying that, as it didn't start on it's own. Dating scan showed no growth since 5w3d so didn't develop a foetal pole and i had 3 repeat scans to check growth so by the time i was booked in for a D+C it was 10w3d. a very drawn out process and the hospital experience was horrendous, and i still have a lot of emotion tied up with it. the mitopostal brought on the miscarriage so heavily that i went through 8 maternity pads in 2.5 hours in the waiting room of the day surgery unit of the hospital.

Today is my due date from that pregnancy and give my history with my 2 gorgeous kids, I'd most likely go over 10/11 days and be induced so 21st December i had as my real due date.

I started off with really strong symptoms until i had my 1st blood test (HCG 225). 2nd test was 72 hours after (HCG 503) and a 3rd test less than 48 hours later (HCG 725).

Dating scan on thursday and I'm not confident this one is growing, but i really want this baby. I"m 43 and this is our last month of trying before giving the idea up, so I"m a bit of a mess caught up in a bunch of anxiety about it all and not having anyone in my immediate circle who can identify with miscarriage.

thanks for reading, it feels good to let it all out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumski11 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mumski11 they made you wait 5 weeks to diagnose a miscarriage?That's torture. I had a mmc at 8 weeks and a d&c. I'd already seen a HB so I suppose when it was gone a week later it was clear, but there's no reason to wait five weeks. I would have lost it.

I think your friends are a reproductive anomaly if none of them have ever suffered pregnancy loss. It's heartbreaking but quite common. I'm so sorry it happened to you.

As for hcg, I think it's best if they double every 48 hours but not essential. My OB hates those tests because he says it's not a good indicator. My levels were 43000 at 6 weeks, which is over double than expected. There were suggestions of a molar pregnancy (which freaked the crap out of me) but in the end it was nothing. The hcg meant nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sally1981. No they didn't make me wait 5 weeks. I had my dating scan at 7w3d or should have been and it showed 5w3d. I had to go back for 2 repeat scans with a week gap between each to confirm no growth. My hormone levels went up slightly, definitely not doubled, and after the 3rd scan (2nd since dating) they booked me in to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital and they assess then counsel in one meeting then the next time available was 4 days away, all added up to 10 weeks. I was pretty numb at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I hope we are all well
    . Holly how are you - did you manage to talk with scan people about package and scans?

Mumskii
    I am a similar age 41 and in a similar boat with two kids but desperately want a third. I am also a similar gestation at ? Approx 5-6 weeks with a scan booked for this Thursday! So we will both get a scan same day. Fingers crossed. I hope to hear good news but am also anxiety and fearful about results and outcomes.

I have had a hard fertility journey with loosing a boy to CMV infection at 12 weeks and then boy twins in October to trisomy 15 at 10 weeks. I've also had a normal miscarriage ie to no known cause at 6 weeks. Miscarriage is so hard and makes any innocence of being pregnant hopeless and I am constantly thinking about it. I also have had to have IVF for my second child (a healthy living girl ) and we had IVF to get pregnant for he twins.... So when I miscarry it comes not only with the loss but the knowing that I will have to have rounds and rounds of expensive IVF with all the roller coasters that goes with IVF . and for me getting pregnant is a huge ordeal which makes my miscarriages soooo hard for me as I know I'm just not going to get pregnant like normal people do! And the struggle is at times too much to bare. I am a similar thought that if this doesn't work this is it for me. I cannot go thru the trauma of this again.

On a positive note my OB is very in tune with my heightened anxiety and distress so today whilst at work I popped in to see him and asked if he could do a quick scan before my formal one on Thursday. I was convinced I had a blighted ovum as that's the only cruel thing I haven't had yet. I was in tears for no reason just worry.

He did a TV scan and there is a sac with a fetal pole! Ie not blighted ovum and there was the faint flicker of a heart beat - but I'm almost too scared to say it in case I jinx it. I am happy but soo scared and don't want to celebrate but do at same time. I can't tell my friends as they whilst are very supportive haven't had miscarriages (can you believe it!) and don't quite get my pain and anxiety. They just tell me to relax and what ever will be will be... So annoying

I'm apparently 6 weeks which is great but also soooo far to go and then with my age my real risk is Down's syndrome so I have to have a Npt test and most likely CVs.

Anyways ladies wanted to share my trepidation and news.

Hope you all travelling well .
    Gampa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gampa,

Your story is similar in some ways and I am very sorry for your losses. I've seen friends go through later miscarriages and still births up to due dates and understand from an outsiders point of view how devastating and crippling it can be.

So pleased you've seen the first flicker of a heart beat, fingers crossed you see it all fine on Thursday.

I'm convinced there'll be nothing there despite a few symptoms returning slightly today.

A colleague who has been trying for 18months and on IUI and IVF for 3-4 rounds told me she's 9 weeks pregnant today. I'm over the moon for her!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumski11 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mumskii

How was your scan?
    I have been thinking of you. Hope all went well.
    Tampa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Not good I'm afraid. Going by lmp I should have been 6 weeks on the dot but they couldn't see anything really said it wasn't even 4 weeks of growth so I went for bloods which my GP had given me before I booked the scan and got the results tonight. Hcg should have been 12000 is but was only 2100. All over so I'm off to the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @Mumski11. I hope you are surrounded by lots of love xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry mumskii .
    That's awful news for you and your family.
    Hugs and support coming your way.
    Miscarriage is never easy.
    My thoughts are with you xx