+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. It's good to know I have so much support on here.
    @francesthecat, that's very good advice! I've been doing that pretty well up until now (although time moves at a snail's pace doesn't it?) trouble is with the scan so close it's harder. People keep wanting to plan things.

I'm being a terrible wife. My husband made an innocent comment about a Christmas party we have on the weekend and I just snapped 'I can't talk about anything past wednesday'. He mentioned getting a new car and that I should drive a 'big family car' and I said 'please don't talk about big family cars right now'. He's anxious too. I just can't act like a normal person right now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #3

Double post
    Last edited by Sally1981; 07-12-2015 at 15:27.

Thanks
    Reviews

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Thanks ladies. It's good to know I have so much support on here.
    @francesthecat, that's very good advice! I've been doing that pretty well up until now (although time moves at a snail's pace doesn't it?) trouble is with the scan so close it's harder. People keep wanting to plan things.

I'm being a terrible wife. My husband made an innocent comment about a Christmas party we have on the weekend and I just snapped 'I can't talk about anything past wednesday'. He mentioned getting a new car and that I should drive a 'big family car' and I said 'please don't talk about big family cars right now'. He's anxious too. I just can't act like a normal person right now.
    You're doing great. You're breathing in and out despite having been through a terrible thing and the terror that it'll happen again.
    It takes a lot of courage to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Hang in there.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (09-12-2015),Gampa  (08-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (08-12-2015),Sally1981  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I think we have a scan on the same day Sally, I have a 16 week anatomy scan on Wednesday, although I'll only be 15 1/2 weeks. I'm genuinely not excited about this baby, I feel like I don't even think about it. I must though because I'm doing the obvious things like avoiding certain foods and alcohol. I'm constantly convinced the baby is dead even though I'm still super sick. I told DH the other day I feel like there is nothing in there. I was feeling DS on and off, the popcorn sensation, at 14 weeks and by 16 or 17 weeks I had the butterflies. I thought I felt something last night but I don't know...

They say our 12 week scan was fine, all normal but I feel like they didn't take the time to actually measure anything, it seemed to go so quick and they gave us absolutely **** pictures, didn't take the time at all to try and get a good shot, I feel like if I had a proper picture to look at I may feel a bit better but it all feels a bit reminiscent of our daughter's scans, tell us everything is fine but really it's not. DS' scans were amazing, proper anatomy scans at 12, 16 and 20 weeks with an OB that took the time to explain everything they saw, plus 'reassurance' scans with my OB whenever I was anxious, DVDs and great pictures every time. We've chosen a different model of care this time and I worry that I'm not being vilagent enough. Things like not having my scans on the correct dates freak me out, I had my 12 week scan at 11 weeks because I was flying overseas and now this 16 week scan is at 15 weeks. I worry they're going to miss something if it's too early to look.

The 'I'm sure everything will be fine' from everyone makes me want to scream.

I should go, that's my vent for now! Good luck on Wednesday Sally and good luck to everyone else! 💛
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 08-12-2015 at 05:26.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oooh good luck @HollyGolightly81 We seem to be on the same page. I had my early morph at 15 weeks and it was very extensive. I was told to get it at 15 weeks so you shouldn't be too early. They still need the full morph later though to check the brain etc.

I completely understand where you are. People talk to me with this kind of smirk on their face saying 'don't you think it's time you accepted the fact that you're having a baby?' It makes me want to scream. The 12 week 'safe date' is a myth. How can 12 weeks be safe when they don't even check that your baby has all its anatomy until 19 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Good luck for the scans. It's so nerve racking but I'm crossing my fingers for you all and sending my love and hugs.

My anxiety got the better of me and yesterday and I had a HCG level taken just for reassurance. The wait for the result sent me into chills and I felt like vomiting when I got the call.

My HCG was 517 last Thursday and it had risen to 3187 on Monday. I'm so happy it's going up but I'm still so early anything can happen and to be honest I just wish I could escape the next few weeks and say I'm 12 weeks and that my Cvs has been done and there is no Down syndrome or trisomy. Sometimes I can barely contain my anxiety and I'm constantly googling irrelevant things which doesn't make it any better.

I'm having another blood test tomorrow to see if it's at least 6200. I can't sleep or eat as I'm so worried.

What do you ladies do to keep mind off it? My kids are in bed and my husband is out cycling so this is the worst time for me:

This is sooo hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just big hugs ladies. Gampa for me rising hcg was no help so with my son i didnt get repeats at all... i needed the early scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a viability scan at 8 weeks for this pregnancy, and bloods to hold me over until then. No way I could have lasted until 12 weeks! I also went to the early pregnancy unit for a scan at 9 weeks. We're in the UK now, but for DS (who was after our stillbirth) we had a private OB in Melbourne who was so amazingly patient with me. He had scan machines in his office that his midwife was qualified to use so besides a scan at every appt I was allowed to go in and see his midwife for a scan in-between appts whenever I was feeling anxious at no extra charge. Saved me I think. Here in the UK a private OB would charge me for every 'reassurance' visit. Other than that I read in bed at night until I can't keep my eyes open and watch box sets when DS is asleep and DH is still working. DS is a very busy distraction every other time!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (09-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Ladies for your scans today Sally & Hollygo lightly
    Its such a stressful time.

Best wishes for your BT Gampa too, I had many in this pregnancy just to see what was happening. I also got a request for a scan at 5.5 weeks from my GP. The radilogist said it was a tad early but we could see the start, and it keep me sane until a viability scan at 7 weeks.

This stress is endless, I had a trace done yesterday all had been fine. No it's showing a heart a rhymia ?? So back there again today, if there is an issue out she comes. I have not even packed my hospital bag, the clothes aren't washed. It's too early, I don't want to go back to that hospital to have another baby who can't come home.
    So I got myself into gear got our bags packed just in case we have to go..

Baby dust dust and hugs to us all

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (09-12-2015),Sally1981  (09-12-2015)