+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Hey ladies---I've been reluctant to update as I haven't wanted to get my hopes up, but I got my positive last week and now 5 weeks today. Bloods today and Thursday to hopefully show my hcg rising until I can have a scan but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic tonight. Last night I was vomiting which I was unsure to take as a good sign or not, with DS I would vomit at night. But, DS and DH have had gastro the last couple of days so the vomiting could just be from that, besides nausea my stomach actually hurts so maybe I'm just sick, none of us have had fevers, just upset stomachs. Now I'm lying here with cramping, again not sure if it's part of the virus or if it's cramping due to the pregnancy. I think they feel period-like which is freaking me out that I'm already miscarrying. I'm so confused. No real point to my post. I just want the blood results so I can have some reassurance it all may be ok or not.
    Best of luck and I really hope all turns out positive for you. I really don't know how to ease that anxiety I only think time and consistent good results help. Try to focus on other positive and enjoyable things on your life while you await results etc. I really think that's the only way to cope as there isn't a thing you can do to change anything (as am sure you know).

Different situation entirely but looking back to those highly anxious first trimester weeks for me I had just started a new uni course and had no choice but to focus and bury myself in study and I think that helped strangely. I didn't have time to overanalyse or overthink (which is a huge problem for me).

Best of luck xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

After having 2 x very early miscarriages this year, I have a very faint bfp on a FRER this morning and I'm already terrified.
    I know I need to relax and try and trust the process but my anxiety levels are already through the roof and I don't know how to manage it.
    Hoping to chat with some people that have been in my situation before and can relate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

After having 2 x very early miscarriages this year, I have a very faint bfp on a FRER this morning and I'm already terrified.
    I know I need to relax and try and trust the process but my anxiety levels are already through the roof and I don't know how to manage it.
    Hoping to chat with some people that have been in my situation before and can relate.
    I thought someone should reply. I only had one miscarriage so can't relate exactly, but was very cautious and anxious when I got my next BFP. It's annoying because you can't get excited rather just hold your breath hoping things progress and your little one sticks.

All the advice I have is to just try to keep busy and not over analyse or you will just cause yourself unnecessary stress. You can't control the situation. Do you have a good OB or health care provider? My OB was super supportive the first few weeks, ordered BT straight away to check rising hcg and a scan around 6 weeks (then as often as I wanted to help ease any anxiety). This helped me a lot as it was the 'not knowing' before my last miscarriage that really stressed me out.

I also avoided too much re-testing, I only did 2 HPT all up. I know others find testing everyday reassuring but for me it was just more to analyse and get stressed about. Instead of that I just relied on the blood tests and scans which were more accurate.

Best of luck for a sticky baby! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Hi! Congratulations! I totally understand how hard it is to let yourself think it will all be ok. We lost our first baby at 20 weeks in 2012 (have since had a baby boy) and then another early miscarriage this past June, I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant. When I was pregnant with DS my anxiety was extreme and having an OB that was incredibly patient with me really helped, he allowed me to come in for a scan every week if I needed to which I pretty much did until I felt regular movement. When I was too early in the pregnancy for a scan getting blood tests two days apart to check my hcg was doubling helped. This pregnancy I'm not as anxious but that is because I have a toddler distracting me. That said, I'm definitely not excited, I feel like I'm kinda just ignoring I'm pregnant (as much as the morning sickness will let me!), steeling myself in case there is no heartbeat next week.

Look into booking in with your GP this week to check your hcg is doubling and then hopefully book an OB or a viability scan for around 7 weeks if you're not going to go private.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your comments, ladies.
    I've taken another test today and it's darker than yesterday so so far so good.
    I'm trying to just relax and take it one day at a time. Right at this very moment I am pregnant and whether I stay that way is completely out of my control.
    I am seeing my FS tomorrow and I'm hoping she'll give me some extra monitoring through the early weeks.

I also have a 4 yr old dd to distract me so hopefully the first 12 weeks goes pretty quick!

I'm sorry to hear if your losses also, this ttc thing is really tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww congrats Louisa. It's so hard to get excited though. I think i was holding my breath untill our dating scan ... then through till 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, been a while since I checked in. 11 weeks at the moment. I'm not dealing very well to be honest. There's a sort of hopelessness pervading this pregnancy, my third in the space of a year. All the girls in my DIG are lovely but they're all excited about getting to 12 weeks because they think they're safe after that. I don't have that anymore and I just don't see how it's possible for this to work out. A pregnancy is just so long (except in my case if history repeats itself). I just can't relate properly to normal pregnant people anymore and I miss my DS2 every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Hey ladies, been a while since I checked in. 11 weeks at the moment. I'm not dealing very well to be honest. There's a sort of hopelessness pervading this pregnancy, my third in the space of a year. All the girls in my DIG are lovely but they're all excited about getting to 12 weeks because they think they're safe after that. I don't have that anymore and I just don't see how it's possible for this to work out. A pregnancy is just so long (except in my case if history repeats itself). I just can't relate properly to normal pregnant people anymore and I miss my DS2 every day.
    Hugs @Sally1981. I often think of you and wandered how you were going. As you say 12 weeks is no guarantee of safety and even 20 weeks for that matter. Then there is the possibility of still born etc etc. It's very hard to get excited with this knowledge in the back of your head and I have no idea how you deal with it. I often wish I was naive and didn't know/hadn't read anything and that way could just relax and enjoy like the other ladies.
    Still, congrats on getting this far, and I really hope this bubba lives to be a strong and healthy addition to your family in 6 (or so) months time. Be kind to yourself x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sally massive hugs. It's definitely what a lot if us have learnt that even after the "safe" mark things can still go wrong. Just big massive hugs that this is your take home bub.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So much love Sally and I'm right there with you. The likelihood of loosing a baby after 12 weeks is something like a 3% chance but once it has happened to you that statistic means jacksh*t. We have our scan Tuesday and I'll be 8 weeks then. I'm pretty much just trying to ignore that I am pregnant until then (and I'm sure the feeling will continue on even then). I can't really bring myself to be excited about this at all, I think it's a survival mechanism, thinking that if we prepare ourselves for the worst then it hopefully won't be as devastating when it happens. 💛

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (16-10-2015)