+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    This pregnancy is a bloody mess already. I was six weeks on Tuesday. I've had blood tinged discharge (sorry for the tmi). On Monday my HCG was 43,538 and my progesterone was 57. So why the hell am I bleeding?

Trying not to think it's molar. I'm feeling very sorry for myself. I really think I deserved a nice pregnancy, not another nightmare.
    I'm 13 weeks and have had bleeding at 7 and 11 still going strong so keep your head up. I know it's hard and you worry a lot especially after m/c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    I'm 13 weeks and have had bleeding at 7 and 11 still going strong so keep your head up. I know it's hard and you worry a lot especially after m/c
    Thanks Renee. It is so hard. I had a mc last year, then got pregnant again and had bleeding like this up to week 14. Then I finally started to think it was ok. Then the morph scan was a nightmare. There was growth restriction that was so bad he simply wasn't going to survive and we terminated at 22 weeks. Somehow the growth restriction wasn't picked up before that. I can't help thinking all that bleeding contributed in some way, or was a symptom. I'm just so scared this is going to happen again. They have no idea why that happened to my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Renee. It is so hard. I had a mc last year, then got pregnant again and had bleeding like this up to week 14. Then I finally started to think it was ok. Then the morph scan was a nightmare. There was growth restriction that was so bad he simply wasn't going to survive and we terminated at 22 weeks. Somehow the growth restriction wasn't picked up before that. I can't help thinking all that bleeding contributed in some way, or was a symptom. I'm just so scared this is going to happen again. They have no idea why that happened to my son.
    When I delivered Dd at 20 weeks after she passed in-utero she had growth restriction when two other scans had been totally fine. Turns out she had a single umbilical artery which can cause growth restriction and they had picked up on her 12 week scan but never told me. We've since had a healthy pregnancy but then a miscarriage in June. Doctors aren't worried (yet) since I've had a healthy pregnancy but it's so hard to trust it will all be ok when you know how bad it can get. I don't think I relaxed once through DS' pregnancy, just kept waiting for it to all go wrong. I still have horrible anxiety that something will happen to him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #3

@HollyGolightly81 - it's terrible isn't it? You know what I think it is? They measure crown to rump up until 18 weeks and at that point they switch to crown to foot. Since in IUGR babies the femur is usually the first indicator of the growth restriction, they don't find it early because they don't measure the legs until 18 weeks. I suppose that early it probably doesn't make a difference, but what if it does?

Can I just say, ladies. I know we're all stressed, and our treaters, family members etc are likely to put any anxiety down to us being pregnant after a loss. The lesson I learned the hard way is that that can put blinders on them with the current pregnancy and disregard our concerns. I felt through my whole pregnancy with DS2 that my body was not supporting the pregnancy the right way. I felt like there was nothing wrong with my baby, but there was something wrong with me. And I was right, and then my baby died.

I suppose my point is that we all deserve to be heard and to be taken seriously. If you really believe there's something wrong, don't stop until someone helps you. Don't let them fob you off with talk about 'anxiety' like that's your only issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another misscarriage for me... life is so unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    I am so so truly sorry to hear @melimum. So angry at the universe it's absolutely totally unfair, you have been through (more than) enough already. All I can offer is big hugs and prayers. Look after yourself and I really hope you have lots of support close by x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

melimum  (11-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    *****! Really?! Are they investigating what's going on? I'm so so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @HollyGolightly81 - it's terrible isn't it? You know what I think it is? They measure crown to rump up until 18 weeks and at that point they switch to crown to foot. Since in IUGR babies the femur is usually the first indicator of the growth restriction, they don't find it early because they don't measure the legs until 18 weeks. I suppose that early it probably doesn't make a difference, but what if it does?

Can I just say, ladies. I know we're all stressed, and our treaters, family members etc are likely to put any anxiety down to us being pregnant after a loss. The lesson I learned the hard way is that that can put blinders on them with the current pregnancy and disregard our concerns. I felt through my whole pregnancy with DS2 that my body was not supporting the pregnancy the right way. I felt like there was nothing wrong with my baby, but there was something wrong with me. And I was right, and then my baby died.

I suppose my point is that we all deserve to be heard and to be taken seriously. If you really believe there's something wrong, don't stop until someone helps you. Don't let them fob you off with talk about 'anxiety' like that's your only issue.
    I feel the same way @Sally1981. All of DD's pregnancy I genuinely felt something was wrong, it wasn't really anxiety like with DS it was just this inner feeling like I knew I wasn't going to meet her. I actually said to a few people a couple days before that scan that I was worried she was dead inside me because I hadn't felt her yet and of course because it was early people kept saying everything's fine, it's normal not to feel them yet, and I was right, she was.

I think if I'd gone privately the umbilical cord definitely would have been mentioned to me and followed up on with a 16 week scan. I genuinely can't believe nobody even mentioned it to me until her autopsy results. Babies can have it and be fine but it can also mean something's wrong. I figured they must not have seen it but then went back and read my 12 week results and sure enough, there it was in black and white. That combined with being told at my first 12 week scan she was too small and I needed to come back---seriously?! The ball was totally dropped. Maybe nothing could have been done but at least we would have known her dying was a possibility. I don't know how I'll get through the first 20 or so weeks of pregnancy over here in the UK, in Melbourne for DS' pregnancy I had a fab OB that let me come in for a scan whenever I was panicking, which was weekly until I started feeling him regularly and then we left for the UK. But even going privately over here I guarantee my OB won't do that and would probably charge me for every visit if he did. 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #3

Double post
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 11-09-2015 at 18:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey ladies---I've been reluctant to update as I haven't wanted to get my hopes up, but I got my positive last week and now 5 weeks today. Bloods today and Thursday to hopefully show my hcg rising until I can have a scan but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic tonight. Last night I was vomiting which I was unsure to take as a good sign or not, with DS I would vomit at night. But, DS and DH have had gastro the last couple of days so the vomiting could just be from that, besides nausea my stomach actually hurts so maybe I'm just sick, none of us have had fevers, just upset stomachs. Now I'm lying here with cramping, again not sure if it's part of the virus or if it's cramping due to the pregnancy. I think they feel period-like which is freaking me out that I'm already miscarrying. I'm so confused. No real point to my post. I just want the blood results so I can have some reassurance it all may be ok or not.