+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's great I know I clean the bathrooms when the kids are in the shower or bath or fold laundry on other nights as I sit outside the bathroom.

My tv night is my ironing night. Payday is bills and paperwork night.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So I've been thinking about this thread and a few things that I have found that has helped is;
    - put on a load of washing while the kettle is boiling in the morning
    - empty the dishwasher while ds eats his breakfast. I then load it as I go throughout the day and turn it in after dinner clean up each night
    - tidy the toys each night after ds is in bed. I try and damage control throughout the day as required
    - all bills go onto a bill board in our study. When I pay the bills each fortnight they get filed as I go
    - I've got a calendar in the study for bill payment reminders
    - there's a calendar on the fridge for the family. All appointments, outings and play dates are on the calendar
    - I study when ds naps during the day (I'm finding I just don't rely on anyone for babysitting anymore)
    - I utilize the slow cooker as much as possible
    - washing gets folded each evening while I sit on the lounge to watch my shows after ds has gone to bed

Our routine isn't perfect but I'm trying. These few things are helping and I'm always looking for new ways to improve. Although if you ask dh I'm apparently doing a half arsed job, but that's a whole other thread

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-05-2015),Clementine Grace  (13-05-2015),Freyamum  (13-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cousin in Canberra works FT and she puts the SC on every night for the next day. I think that's brilliant

This week I've instigated a system where the girls put their own clothes away. I fold and set into piles whilst they are bathing and make them put it away before bed. Lets see how it goes.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I did that too as the children got older. each one had a pile of folded clothes to put away when they went to bed. they were then also responsible for getting their dirty clothes into the laundry. I never went around looking under beds or in school bags for dirty clothes. if it wasn't in the laundry it didn't get washed. so when sports day came and the uniform was still dirty from last week , too bad. they learnt to be responsible pretty quick. also applied to the many exchange students we had over the years. marie.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (13-05-2015),munchkin275  (13-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every weekend I do a set menu for the week so I know exactly what's getting cooked each day and on Sunday's I get all the baking done, and my toddler is full on as well but I have found he is quietest for about a hour after we drop the older 2 at school and so I use that time to get whatever food prep needs to be done for dinner such as veggies cut up and meat prepared all the while the washing is going. I usually also get time in there to get the dishes done and benches cleaned and because I do a big clean on the weekend during the week it's just a general clean. By the time I finish all this DS2 is getting bored so we play and do whatever activities we have on until he is hungry then while he is having morning tea I hang out the washing. It might not be the best system but it works for us

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following for when we need this So many great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    So I've been thinking about this thread and a few things that I have found that has helped is;
    - put on a load of washing while the kettle is boiling in the morning
    - empty the dishwasher while ds eats his breakfast. I then load it as I go throughout the day and turn it in after dinner clean up each night
    - tidy the toys each night after ds is in bed. I try and damage control throughout the day as required
    - all bills go onto a bill board in our study. When I pay the bills each fortnight they get filed as I go
    - I've got a calendar in the study for bill payment reminders
    - there's a calendar on the fridge for the family. All appointments, outings and play dates are on the calendar
    - I study when ds naps during the day (I'm finding I just don't rely on anyone for babysitting anymore)
    - I utilize the slow cooker as much as possible
    - washing gets folded each evening while I sit on the lounge to watch my shows after ds has gone to bed

Our routine isn't perfect but I'm trying. These few things are helping and I'm always looking for new ways to improve. Although if you ask dh I'm apparently doing a half arsed job, but that's a whole other thread

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    these are great! i aim to do them all but i often get distracted. Must get back in the habit.