+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would say I'm organised. I work 8 days/fortnight and dh is always away. I schedule and plan everything in advance. We have a fairly routine week and I divvy up my chores onto specific nights and stick to my plan. Write a daily, weekly and fortnightly list of jobs. Stick to it.

Meal plan for 14 days. That way you shop fortnightly. Have fruit/veg delivered if possible. I get bread milk fruit and veg delivered weekly and do an Aldi shop once a month with a woolies quick shop in between. I have a rotating menu and stick to that during the week. As PP said, cook in batches. Bolognese can be made into lasagna the next week. Savoury mince can get turned into shepherds pie. A roast chook can become an Asian chicken salad. Every meal you make should have 1-3 things you can do with it or should last 2-3 meals. I'm making a chicken casserole tomorrow that will become chicken pasties next week.

I bake once a week snacks and treats. Usually pikelets (freeze well), muffins and bikkies. Pack lunches the night before. Always go to bed with a tidy house as it starts of tidy in the morning. Wash a load every night and hang out that night. Fold and put away clothes as soon as you get them off the line. Have 2 nights a week that are chore free. Other nights schedule in bathrooms, bills/paperwork, ironing, vacuuming etc.

Break your day into morning, midday, afternoon and evening. Don't over schedule your day. If you are going out AM then have a home afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing, currently a single sahp, hoping to return to full time study at the end of this semester and be back in full time work (or continue my studies) within 12 months,organisation come atme

so far biggest tip Ive got is cull,go through the house daily for weeks, think 'do I need this, do I use this, why do I want this and do I LOVE this'

less crap = less work

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

Beetlegeuse  (05-05-2015),Clementine Grace  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh some good tips!

I'm in the habits of doing a load of washing dry and out away every day plus one day with a few loads including all the towels linen, if I don't the washing pile can seem endless.

I use a paper diary to carve out all my time but I think I need to start being a bit better organised with catchups/play dates as I'll often catch up with a friend who's free last minute for eg then get behind on whatever chores I had planned. I think I might set out a couple of play date/catch up spots in the week and stick to those.

Sometimes I feel like the week just gets away from me so have to be better planned for sure. On my days off we are usually dressed and outside by 8.30 for an outside morning play so I need to start getting more done before then.

Def a good idea to schedule in a night off chores!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing. Need so much help here!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When getting clothes off the line kids each have their own basket I put their clothes into and fold and put away straight away.
    I make school lunches night before then when Im getting their breakfast ready I make their sandwhiches.
    On my days off I do washing. I will put a load on in the morning so its ready to hang out after school dropoff
    Friday and Tuesday are my big floor clean days otherwise its just a spot clean.
    And cooking in bulk is always handy for when you have had a big day and dont want to cook. I also meal plan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing to read later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow plenty of good tips here!

I'm not super organised but try to be!!

I have a weekly schedule on my fridge. It outlines activities for DD that we do every week, when I spend time on my phd and when I do house work. I try to only have 3 days of study a week, 3 days of activities spaced through the week and no more than 3 days a week where I manage the household. I find that by doing things this way DH also knows what I'm up to on any given day and I avoid over-committing myself to too many social activities.

E.g washing is done on Saturdays...because then all of DH work shirts can be washed for the following week...and ironing is done on Sundays! I find that because housework is allocated I don't sped every day cleaning and so make sure I have time to relax.

I try to keep things simple with food...buy in bulk, get fresh produce delivered so that I don't have to go to the supermarket every week. Dinner doesn't have to be elaborate or fine dining....so I cook simple dinners that take 15 mins to prepare and cook...anything more and it's a Saturday night type dinner!

Even though I have this schedule I try not to get too fixated on it...you need some flexibility...especially when studying! But it does help to make sense of your week...

PLUS: you are not the only parent so make sure DH contributes too to give you 'me time'!!!! Good luck OP!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to netispaghetti For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Oh some good tips!

I'm in the habits of doing a load of washing dry and out away every day plus one day with a few loads including all the towels linen, if I don't the washing pile can seem endless.

I use a paper diary to carve out all my time but I think I need to start being a bit better organised with catchups/play dates as I'll often catch up with a friend who's free last minute for eg then get behind on whatever chores I had planned. I think I might set out a couple of play date/catch up spots in the week and stick to those.

Sometimes I feel like the week just gets away from me so have to be better planned for sure. On my days off we are usually dressed and outside by 8.30 for an outside morning play so I need to start getting more done before then.

Def a good idea to schedule in a night off chores!
    I found having two time slots for play dates has worked well for me. I just organise stuff for those times. I can be flexible for close friends and family but the weekly routine made it easier. Prior to my eldest being in kindy I had play date times on mon morning 10-12,Thursday afternoon 3-5pm and every second Sunday 9-12. Now with work and kindy we do play dates fortnightly on Wednesday 10.30-12, weekly Thursday arvo 3-4.30pm and fortnightly Sunday 9-12. I also pre plan my play dates as much as possible so I can catch up with different friends.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once a month cooking can also be handy 👍

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MaximumStarlight For This Useful Post: