+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any super organised mum’s out there?

Any super organised mum’s out there?

I know a few mums who are so great at balancing it all andseem to have things running smoothly a lot of the time, any of you on the hub?

I work part time and have a very full on/active toddler (who’sa terrible sleeper) and am thinking about starting some part time study soon aswell as being back to IVF to ttc 2. So life feels crazy busy a lot of the timeand I’m constantly trying to be better organised to fit more into my days. Ilike to have my days at home with my son mostly free so we can go to the park/library/aplaydate etc. or do craft and painting so I try to fit chores/exercise in earlymornings and evenings if I can. I usually have at least one day a week at homewith no activities and playdates so I can catch up. My 2 year old is superactive so needs a lot of time outside to run his batteries down, he’s notreally into quiet time. I generally don’t sit down at night till 9.30-10 (oftenmuch later) so I find it hard to get up earlier than 6 or 6.30.

Any pearls of wisdom out there? Do you batch cook all yourdinners? Get up at 5am to do chores? Follow a schedule? I’dlove to hear any new ideas or routines for fitting more in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing Clem. I need this too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll come back to this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bulk cook so we have lots of pre cooked meals. Usually have a solid routine that only has minor changes week to week.

I live off my calendar, woolworth online shopping, and email.

If I have a spare minute then I put on a load of washing while I'm studying or doing school pick up.

I work part time, study part time and a single mum... a well oiled machine now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cook extra and freeze a few servings as well as having a cooking day where I will make a few dishes to freeze them, dh always has something to take to work and there's always meals there for when we can't be bothered cooking or have been out or whatever. I also bake goodies like mini muffins or such and freeze for lunchboxes. And I bulk cook bubs meals and freeze in portions. I'm a pretty organised person who likes to be on top of everything.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 05-05-2015 at 17:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say I'm super organised but it definitely feels like the wheels have fallen off if I don't meal plan, then shop accordingly, do at least one load of washing every day (includes putting it away), and after feeling lazy during my first trimester I've now made extra effort to cook meals for the freezer so I've always got a back up and don't waste our money on convenience food (not to mention how unhealthy it is!). I have a calendar/diary that I write everything in - if it's not in there, I forget about to and it doesn't happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not super organised but I have my moments. Try:

- slow cooker meals - changed my life ! Chuck a meal on at. 7am and come home at the end of the day to an amazing dinner + leftovers
    - lower cleaning expectations. Pick one job that's been annoying you and just do that, the rest can wait!
    - don't try and squash lots of activities into each day, even with an active kid it gets too much. If I'm at home with DD I break the day into three parts usually morning (out: shopping or errands), midday (home: rest or DVD time, cooking, cleaning, tidying), afternoon (out if weathers good for a play date or playground, or at home outside eg gardening or a big walk)
    - delegate where possible , or failing that, try and kid share with another local mum so you each get 'alone' time at home to get any work or house stuff done sans children

Good luck :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (05-05-2015),Freyamum  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cooking ahead is something I def have to get back to. Less mess every night and so great knowing you are a few meals ahead. I usually have at least a few snack type things frozen for DS but I should get back to cooking a few extra meals once a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bulk cook and freeze allot of lunchbox items. In one afternoon I can get enough portions to do both kids for 3 weeks. So it's not something I have to do often.
    Things like..
    Vegemite scrolls
    Pizza rolls
    Homemade sausage rolls
    Meatballs
    Frittata
    Frozen grapes in portions Etc
    Each morning I just grab one or two items (usually something different each day) add some fresh fruit and a yoghurt and voila- lunches packed in less than a minute each morning. : )
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 05-05-2015 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    - yes slowcooker meals are awesome
    - put on a load of washing last thing at night...hang out in the morning
    - I often bulk cook in the evenings after ds is in bed then freeze it for easy meals
    - I clean one room of the house a day (quick vacuum tidy etc)
    - put clothes away as soon as taking them off the line...usually no need to iron then and you never get a massive pile
    - only shop once a week
    - menu plan for the week so I always know what I am cooking each night and dont have those annoying moments when you realise you have run out of a vital ingredient
    - a list on the fridge that I add to when we run out of things so I remember to buy them next shop
    - IF I am home and have time I prep dinner early in the day as evenings can be hellish with a tired ds
    - I seriously would not remember a thing if I didnt plug it into my phone calender and get it to send me reminders

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate though! Good luck with everything
    Last edited by Patience86; 05-05-2015 at 21:33.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

Beetlegeuse  (05-05-2015),Freyamum  (06-05-2015)