+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How do organised types cope with change? Sorry if this better as new thread but it's what trips me up. I plan and then baby won't nap or someone's sick or I get engrossed in parenting books cus of behaviour issue and all goes to pot and I feel despondent and give up on routine tho I need one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some great tips!

I'm def going to allocate two spots a week for play dates, I have a few really close friends that I don't see as much as I'd like to so and I might start getting better organised with plotting in play dates.

As sad as it sounds i think I've found a good cleaning roster on Pinterest I might try to follow so I'm more targeted. I hate spending all day on chores when we could be outside playing but then I'm so tired doing them all at night. It can be hard to fit in all the drs app's around work and home too, esp as the bloody tests are all first thing in the morning.

I think I'm going to carve out 2 hrs one night a week for planning/ finances etc. I do all our bills/money stuff, planning and booking of holidays etc. and I think I need dedicated time for that. I.e. getting all our gear sorted for our snow trip, booking cat into vet, child to dentist etc. otherwise it gets overwhelming doing it all on the fly.

Def going to get back into batch cooking, makes life so much easier! I have a friend with a toddler too and we both keep saying we'll get together once a month and make some big batches of snacks and meals while the kids play so need to schedule it in.

Thanks for all the great tips, keep them coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    How do organised types cope with change? Sorry if this better as new thread but it's what trips me up. I plan and then baby won't nap or someone's sick or I get engrossed in parenting books cus of behaviour issue and all goes to pot and I feel despondent and give up on routine tho I need one!
    This is me too! My toddler can be quite challenging at times, he's so busy and never stops climbing so very hard to watch him and concentrate on any task at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    This is me too! My toddler can be quite challenging at times, he's so busy and never stops climbing so very hard to watch him and concentrate on any task at the same time.
    I know! I got motivated by this thread and started planning a routine but bub wants so much attention we are at the park and she is playing with her harness! Probably need to be on the ready to start when she does do independent play but then I usually drink coffee and bubhub ;-)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think one key thing in being organised, is to just start small. if you are going to try and come from total chaos to little mary poppins you wont be successful. start with just one day a week. Monday housework day, Tuesday washing day, that sort of thing. just get your mind to focus on achieving something each day, and follow it up each week the same. I often vacuumed at night, I often put a load of washing on first thing in the day. I often did the ironing while the children slept. I used the slow cooker, and I would send my hubby to do the grocery shop with a list. I think if you make life too regimented you will get stressed if plans are changed, like with sickness or such, but if you just have some small routine, you will feel more in control. marie.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-05-2015),Freyamum  (07-05-2015),MsViking  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I found having two time slots for play dates has worked well for me. I just organise stuff for those times. I can be flexible for close friends and family but the weekly routine made it easier. Prior to my eldest being in kindy I had play date times on mon morning 10-12,Thursday afternoon 3-5pm and every second Sunday 9-12. Now with work and kindy we do play dates fortnightly on Wednesday 10.30-12, weekly Thursday arvo 3-4.30pm and fortnightly Sunday 9-12. I also pre plan my play dates as much as possible so I can catch up with different friends.
    Rose&aurelia could you PM me? I tried to message you but your mailbox is full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do much of what the others have said, Cook extra and freeze for lunches (I always take left overs for lunch at work), I do my grocery shopping online whilst at work I do washing on Fridays so it's all dry by Monday, DD does swimming on Mondays so I always repack her stuff on Tuesday and chuck her swimming bag back in my car so it's ready for the next week. I convinced my boss to get us polo tops instead of shirts so no ironing (win!!) and I only bathe DD every second night haha

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any super organised mum’s out there?

I'm trying to be organised. Coming from a non-organised base I have found a good start has been:
    - don't put things down always put away. Really helps keeping things tidy
    - dirty dishes straight into dishwasher not on bench
    - run dishwasher each night and unpack first thing each morning
    - load washing machine before bed set delayed start and hang out in morning
    - bring laundry in evening and fold and put away straight away
    These little things have had a big effect on the tidiness of my house. Next challenge to work on is batch cooking and freezing!
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 08-05-2015 at 18:33.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beetlegeuse For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great stuff on here!

Im finding doing at least half an hr or a bit more of rounding up of stuff /tidying before bed, even when really tired makes a difference. I've put one night a fortnight in the diary for baking snacks and another for filing/finances/admin. I love my paper diary and am finding if i pencil it in, i'm more likely to do it. DP has agreed to a chores night once a week so i can give him a few targeted things to do so we aren't spending sat mornings doing a big clean. Def holding him to that!

Trying to make at least 2 nights of the week either slow cooker night or defrost some frozen portions. Got to utilise that slow cooker more!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-05-2015),Freyamum  (13-05-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2015)