+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    He is 7.but he has only 1 ear and Aspergers. I suppose I should just not have sent him 4 cars away for a trolley.
    But @FrothyFrog should I have to justify my parenting to a stranger?
    No you shouldn't have to justify your parenting to a stranger. That is just what I would feel like I would want to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You don't have to justify your parenting to anyone especially not that **** who probably didn't have kids himself and has no idea I'm thinking.
    What a stupid thing for him to say. Did he want your child to get run out! 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry you've had a rough day. In the heat of the moment I may have given the dude the bird... However about 30 minutes later I would probably sit back and think about whether I was too rough and cranky with my kid - do you feel you crossed a line? I can see scenarios where I might say something to a parent that was yelling abusively at their child (not saying you did this).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @VicPark I don't think I was at all. It's not like I was telling him off for being an idiot. I was telling him to watch out.
    I do want to clarify a bit now that I have calmed down a bit.
    We live in a small country town. The guy was in his 60s/70s.
    He had listened to Ds1 ask to help by getting a trolley. Me say no but thank you to which Ds1 was going to loose it over. So I was trying to stop a meltdown and keep ds2 (still in the car) from trying to follow suit. So I let Ds1 go, left ds2 playing with my keys while I watched.
    He had no idea what it takes me to do the shopping let alone have to go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    @VicPark I don't think I was at all. It's not like I was telling him off for being an idiot. I was telling him to watch out.
    I do want to clarify a bit now that I have calmed down a bit.
    We live in a small country town. The guy was in his 60s/70s.
    He had listened to Ds1 ask to help by getting a trolley. Me say no but thank you to which Ds1 was going to loose it over. So I was trying to stop a meltdown and keep ds2 (still in the car) from trying to follow suit. So I let Ds1 go, left ds2 playing with my keys while I watched.
    He had no idea what it takes me to do the shopping let alone have to go back.
    Could Gramps have read too much into your tone? Perhaps he just didn't understand that some kids (especially with special needs) need more constant direction and because of this he assumed (wrongly) that you were nagging? - just trying to brainstorm where his misguided comment may have come from.

Sometimes old people think their age is a license to say whatever. My Nan (god bless her soul) told me I was fat when I was a bridesmaid once. Told me I hadn't lost any of the baby weight when she first saw me after ds1 was born.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly? I probably would have told him to eff off. Especially if I was already flustered and stressed. I don't possess my husbands calm and oh so polite way of putting people in their place unfortunately!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have ignored him.
    It's annoying.
    It's invasive
    It's presumptuous

However in the big scheme of life, not something that will matter to you on an ongoing basis - most likely

I don't suggest swearing or even engaging with this guy. I'm not sure what that would achieve.

Don't engage the crazy.

Cold stare followed by ignore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post: