+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low iron

Has anyone conceived successfully even with very low iron? I am taking supplements and have taken same for a while. I am only taking pregnancy iron on top of conceive well gold to boost my iron levels. What have you been taking for low iron and did it make a difference?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How low is your iron? I've always had low ferririn and have 3 children. I wasn't aware it could affect fertility. Have you seen a doctor about injections?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I have always had low iron and conceived easily. I did need an iron transfusion after the birth though (was offered a blood transfusion which I should have taken!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always had low iron too. It got worse when I was pregnant but I took Ferrograd C (I may have spelt it wrong) and didn't have to have an iron infusion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always had very low iron and conceived both times in the first cycle (I'm very lucky). I did have to take a double dose of ferrograd c and have injections both times to boost my iron as pregnancy depletes what little you have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was taking a Swisse iron tablet which did absolutely nothing. Started taking Ferrograd C and my iron levels are now good. So please make sure the iron dose is sufficient to actually correct low iron levels.

I have no idea about how it effects TTC though.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I took ferrograd c too and by the time i got a bfp my ferritin levels were normal (iron still on low side).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyDeFleur View Post
    Has anyone conceived successfully even with very low iron? I am taking supplements and have taken same for a while. I am only taking pregnancy iron on top of conceive well gold to boost my iron levels. What have you been taking for low iron and did it make a difference?
    My iron levels were pitiful and while doing IVF and for months prior I was taking pregnancy vitamins. I fell pregnant even with really low iron. My iron was actually below the 'low' end of the range.

Midwives put me on Ferrero Grad C and I still needed and iron transfusion.

Good luck OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talking to my dr yesterday about this and he said iron syrup.

Also take vitamin C as it allows the body to absorb iron quicker. If your not a meat person eat spinach and strawberries :-)