+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I don't think Georgia had what it takes to work in a commercial kitchen. But maybe that's not her 'food dream'...

Sara lost me from the start but extra lost me the other night when she actually said ASAP as a word. Does anyone seriously say 'aysap'??
    Agreed re Georgia. Poh is pretty much my favourite MC contestant ever and she's never done it and is awesome, same as Adam who is my second fave. I think Georgia has really great instincts. I just never like what Sara cooks and yes, aysap....nuff said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think Georgia had what it takes to work in a commercial kitchen. But maybe that's not her 'food dream'...

Sara lost me from the start but extra lost me the other night when she actually said ASAP as a word. Does anyone seriously say 'aysap'??
    OMG I say aysap. and I hate Sara! not sure what this means except that I need to rethink my vocabulary...!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops I say asap with some of my friends in a Kath and Kim accent.

Used to dislike Sara intensely but warming to her slightly

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Whoops I say asap with some of my friends in a Kath and Kim accent.

Used to dislike Sara intensely but warming to her slightly
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    OMG I say aysap. and I hate Sara! not sure what this means except that I need to rethink my vocabulary...!!!
    It's ok! I like both of *you*, it's just extra irritating when it comes out of her mouth. I'm probably* just an old fuddy duddy anyways.

* definitely

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

lolly007  (12-07-2015),Skyler  (12-07-2015),TheGooch  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I was listening to the host of the new nine show 'hotplate' on the radio yesterday (he's also the head chef/owner at Estelle here in Melb) talking about all these contestants on these shows touting that 'working with food is my passion, my dream' etc. And he's like, 'well get your apron on and get peeling spuds, that's how you start a career in food! Work your way up...' He then said something I may have muttered about 1 or 30 times watching these shows about how 'this generation just want fame not a career in food'.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (12-07-2015),mkj  (12-07-2015),Skyler  (12-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha getting so many laughs out of these MPW fantasies. And the banter, Gary vs Marco, vs Shannon. Think my vote goes to MPW coz I would like to be on that yacht, Phony. Awesome!

Also, Emski, showing my age but I tend to agree with you about 'this generation' and the fame thing. But that's a huge can of worms.

I have also thought a few times about Billie having an advantage. They already kicked one contestant out early for being in food service. Where do they draw the line? Reynold has surely had plenty of tuition from his pastry chef mother.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Phony  (12-07-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Yes! And Reynold's brother is a judge on a different Masterchef.

I agree with everything you just said apart from the MPW over Shannon thing. I'm sure he would lend Shannon his yacht. Or just the lobster display :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    Oops, me too!

I read an article early on in the season that the guy who got booted from the top 24 for having experience was because he didn't tell them until he'd gotten in. Apparently there were calls to do the same with Reynold in the beginning, but he & his family had been very transparent & honest about his experience - he'd never actually been allowed to work in the kitchen as a cook (I think just dishes/cleaning etc) and his brother being a judge in another country supposedly doesn't count. I'd say his hospitality experience would be on par with Billie's - they've been watching for a long time but have never actually gotten into it. Though I do wonder why Reynold's mum didn't want him working in the industry, when it's clearly paid off quite well for his brother?

And if Billie had wanted to work in a kitchen, she probably would have been able to arrange kitchen shifts where she worked, or even gotten an apprenticeship. Obviously MC is a way to the top quicker?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I say it... Lol maybe it's a UK thing? I know loads of people back home who do!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "Would you like a bone?"