+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Separation anxiety

My DD is 7 months old. She sleeps on her tummy in her cot in my bedroom. I usually either feed or cuddle her to sleep. She generally wakes for 2, maybe 3 feeds a night. She has a dummy and a comforter.

For about a week or more she has been waking every hour or so absolutely screaming. She won't let me pay her to sleep. She stops crying when I pick her up. She then won't let me put her back down. I'm thinking maybe it's separation anxiety.

Any suggestions on how to get past this? I work full time and the lack of sleep is killing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD who is 8 months old went through this a couple of weeks ago.. it could be the 7/8/9 month sleep regression..

I ended up putting DD in her pram and pushing back amd forth untill she went to sleep.

She has only in the last week started to self settle again and also let me ssshhh/pat her back to sleep.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDaisy View Post
    My DD who is 8 months old went through this a couple of weeks ago.. it could be the 7/8/9 month sleep regression..

I ended up putting DD in her pram and pushing back amd forth untill she went to sleep.

She has only in the last week started to self settle again and also let me ssshhh/pat her back to sleep.
    Her sleep has never been great as she has reflux and doesn't drink much at childcare so fills up at night.

She was actually great last night and only got up once for a bottle and went straight back to sleep.

This morning I can see her first tooth but can't feel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ohhhh yes, thats right.. sorry I haven't been around for ages.. I remember the silent reflux.

Teething definitely throws out the sleeping routine. Hopefully it comes through quickly for her..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I don't think I could cope with her sleep getting worse lol. I think solids is helping with the reflux though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It makes you crazy the lack of sleep!

How is she going on solids? Have you found with teething she has gone off them a bit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She's temperament with solids. She fights the first few spoons but then seems to enjoy the rest. Today she was off her solids and had more milk but yesterday she was off her milk and had more solids. She's unpredictable lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She's now 9 months (in a few days). We moved her to her own room. We just kept doing our own thing and now I can put her in the cot awake and she self settles off to sleep!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We did the same moved DD to her own room, it has improved a bit she is 10 months now and still a terrible day sleeper and really hard to get down..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Day sleeps are fine with us. Particularly since 3 months when I learnt that she is a tummy sleeper.